About the Thinkathon
The American University in Bulgaria is hosting the competition, where students from across the Balkans will compete in teams to create a public awareness campaign about NATO. After undergoing a series of expert-led training on current public diplomacy policies, the successful applicants will be invited to participate in the thinkathon in-person in September 2023. Over the period of a weekend, participants will be mentored by public diplomacy practitioners and academicians and guided in their design of a youth-oriented public awareness campaign. The winner will have the chance to share their recommendations with NATO representatives in Brussels. This project is co-sponsored by the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
The Thinkathon provides
- a chance to meet with 27 peers from across the Western Balkans-6 and Bulgaria
- a chance to meet and learn from leading professionals, practitioners and academicians in the field of public diplomacy
- a chance to compete and present in front of public diplomacy experts
- a chance to win an all-expenses paid trip to Brussels to present in front of NATO officials
- free accommodation and meals for the duration of the thinkathon
- travel costs reimbursement for max EUR150 per person
How to Apply?
The application process is open to applicants between 18-24 years old. Please submit a CV and a 3-minute video on ‘NATO, my country and I’ to [email protected] Successful applicants will be selected by an independent committee.