Check out our book collection on the topic this week: “Understanding Asia”.
Asia is the world’s largest and most diverse continent. It occupies the eastern four-fifths of the giant Eurasian landmass. Asia is more a geographic term than a homogeneous continent, and the use of the term to describe such a vast area always carries the potential of obscuring the enormous diversity among the regions it encompasses. Encyclopædia Britannica.
- Can, L. (2020). Spiritual subjects : Central Asian pilgrims and the Ottoman hajj at the end of empire. Stanford University Press. BP187.3 .C36 2020
- Chatterjee, C. (2022). Russia in world history : a transnational approach. Bloomsbury Academic. DK38 .C384 2022
- Cooley, A. & Heathershaw, J. (2017). Dictators without borders : power and money in Central Asia. Yale University Press. DK859.56 .C666 2017
- Hasegawa, H. & Noronha, C. (2014). Asian business and management : theory, practice and perspectives. Palgrave Macmillan. HD70.A7 A724 2014
- Kaplan, R. (2014). Asia’s cauldron : the South China Sea and the end of a stable Pacific. New York : Random House. JZ1980 .K37 2014
- Khalid, A. (2021). Central Asia : a new history from the imperial conquests to the present. Princeton University Press. DK856 .K47 2021
- Koh, T. & Hwee, Y. L. (2017). ASEAN-EU partnership : the untold. World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. DS525.8 .A74 2020
- Kolodko, G. (2020). China and the future of globalization : the political economy of China’s rise. London : I. B. Tauris. HF1604 .K65 2020
- Miller, T. (2017). China’s Asian dream : empire building along the New Silk Road. London : Zed Books. HF1604.Z4 A78 2017
- Pomfret, R. (2019). The Central Asian economies in the twenty-first century : paving a new Silk Road. Princeton University Press. HC420.3 .P65 2019
When off-campus, please enter your credentials to access the e-books.
- Asuka, J., & Jin, D. (Eds.). (2022). Energy transition and energy democracy in East Asia. Springer Singapore Pte. Limited. ProQuest E-book Central.
- Cherian, D. (2023). Merchants of Virtue: Hindus, Muslims, and Untouchables in Eighteenth-Century South Asia (1st ed.). University of California Press. JSTOR
- Fernandes, L. (2022). Governing Water in India: Inequality, Reform, and the State. University of Washington Press. JSTOR
- Lee, C., & Bhattacharya, P. (Eds.). (2021). The comprehensive and progressive agreement for trans-pacific partnership : Implications for Southeast Asia. ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute. ProQuest E-book Central.
- Malhotra, A. (2022). India in the Indo-Pacific: Understanding India’s security orientation towards Southeast and East Asia. (1st ed.). Verlag Barbara Budrich. JSTOR
- Melecky, M. (2021). Hidden debt : Solutions to avert the next financial crisis in South Asia. World Bank Publications. ProQuest E-book Central.
- Tapsell, R. (2020). Deepening the understanding of social media’s impact in Southeast Asia. ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute. ProQuest E-book Central.
- Veere, A. P., Schneider, F., & Lo, C. Y. (Eds.). (2022). Public Health in Asia during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Global Health Governance, Migrant Labour, and International Health Crises. Amsterdam University Press. JSTOR
- Wang, H., & Michie, A. (Eds.). (2021). Consensus or conflict? : China and globalization in the 21st century. Springer Singapore Pte. Limited. ProQuest E-book Central.
- Yeung, W. J. (2022). Demographic and family transition in Southeast Asia. Springer International Publishing AG. ProQuest E-book Central.