Today it is hard not to get influenced by something or someone. It could be school, work, TV or social media. Learn more about how to avoid negative influence from the outside world and how to cultivate its positive effects, or even – how to influence others.
- Frank, R. H. (2020). Under the influence: putting peer pressure to work. Princeton University Press. HM1176 .F73 2020
- Wright, V. (2020). Rapid growth, done right: lead, influence and innovate for success. Kogan Page. HD58.8 .W754 2020
- Cialdini, R. B. (2021). Influence, new and expanded: the psychology of persuasion. Harper Business. BF774 .C55 2021
- Baker, S.A. & Rojek, C. (2020). Lifestyle gurus: constructing authority and influence online. Polity Press. HM1206 .B354 2020
- Chance, Z. (2022). Influence is your superpower: the science of winning hearts, sparking change, and making good things happen. Random House. BF774 .C444 2022
- Carnegie, D. (2012). How to win friends and influence people. Vermilion. BJ1581 .C366 2012
- Cialdini, R. B. (2014). Influence: science and practice. Pearson. BF774 .C53 2014
- Cialdini, R. B. (2016). Pre-suasion: a revolutionary way to influence and persuade. Simon & Schuster. BF774 .C56 2016
- Gilens, M. (2012). Affluence and influence: economic inequality and political power in America. Princeton University Press. P64 G55 2012
- Glenister, G. (2021). Influencer marketing strategy: how to create successful influencer marketing. Kogan Page. HF5415 .G565 2021
- Berger, J. (2017). Invisible influence: the hidden forces that shape behavior. Simon & Schuster. HM1176 .B47 2017
- Gass, R. H. & Seiter , J. S. (2018). Persuasion: social influence and compliance gaining. Routledge. BF637.P4 G34 2018
- Martin, S. & Marks, J. (2019). Messengers : who we listen to, who we don’t, and why. Public Affairs. BF637.C45 M375 2019
When off-campus, please enter your credentials to access the e-books.
- Cohen, A. R., & Bradford, D. L. (2017). Influence without authority. John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated. ProQuest E-book Central.
- Maesse, J., Pühringer, S., Rossier, T. & Benz, P. (2021). Power and Influence of Economists: Contributions to the Social Studies of Economics. Routledge. EBSCOhost.
- Dolinski, D. (2016). Techniques of Social Influence: The Psychology of Gaining Compliance. Routledge. EBSCOhost.
- Heath, K., Flynn, J., Holt, M. D., & Faison, D. (2017). The Influence Effect: A New Path to Power for Women Leaders. Berrett-Koehler Publishers. EBSCOhost.
- Stovall, J. & Hull, R. (2018). The Art of Influence: Your Competitive Edge. Sound Wisdom. EBSCOhost.
- Brogan, C., & Smith, J. (2020). Trust agents: Using the web to build influence, improve reputation, and earn trust. John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated. ProQuest E-book Central.
- Hedges, K. (2012). The Power of Presence: Unlock Your Potential to Influence and Engage Others. AMACOM. EBSCOhost.
- Naidu, Y. (2016). Power play: Game changing influence strategies for leaders. John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated. ProQuest E-book Central.
- Sheldrake, P. (2011). The business of influence: Reframing marketing and PR for the digital age. John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated. ProQuest E-book Central.
- Dieken, C. (2013). Become the real deal: The proven path to influence and executive presence. John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated. ProQuest E-book Central.