Hero Background Image

Residence Certificate for EU Students

The information below is for EU citizens only.

As an international student accepted for study at the American University in Bulgaria, you will not need an entry visa if you are from a member country of the EU.

Upon arrival, you will be issued a Certificate for Long Term Residence for a foreigner from a member country of the EU. The procedure is as follows:

Step one

Submit the following documents to International Student Services:

  • Copy of your international passport or national ID card
  • Certificate, stating that you are accepted at AUBG, you will live on campus, and you will have insurance upon arrival
  • Certificate from a local bank that you have opened an account and deposited 1000 BGN

Step two

Take an application form from the International Student Services Office and go to the Migration office – Blagoevgrad.

Do you have questions?

Contact the International Student Services Office.

Contact us