- Corporate Finance I, BUS 330a
- Corporate Finance I, BUS 330b
- Topics in Finance: Risk Management, BUS 439a
- Corporate Finance (Executive MBA)
Ph.D., Economics, North Carolina State University (NCSU), Dec., 2005.
Dissertation title: “Banking Structure and the Effect of Monetary Policy on Bank Lending.” Committee Chair: Douglas K. Pearce.
MA, Economics, NCSU, Dec., 2002
BBA, Oklahoma City University (OCU), Oklahoma, Dec., 1997
- Termos, A. Saad, M., “Do Mortgage Loans Respond Perversely to Monetary Policy?” The Journal of Real Estate Research, Vol.38, No.2 (2016). [Accepted in Nov., 2014].
- Termos, A., Naufal, G., Genc, I., “A Tacit Monetary Policy of the Gulf Countries: Is There a Remittances Channel?” The Review of Development Economics, Vol.20, Issue 2 (2016), 599-610. [Accepted in Jan., 2015]. A. Termos VITA Page 2 of 5 2
- Martin, D., Termos, A., “Does a High Minimum Wage Spur Low-Skilled Emigration?” Economics Letters, 137 (2015), 200-202.
- Termos, A. Naufal, G., Genc, I., “Remittances Outflow and Inflation: The Case of the GCC Countries?” Economics Letters, 120 (2013), 45-47.
- Genc, I., Termos, A., “Is There a Catch-Up Effect in the Gulf”, Middle Eastern Finance and Economics, 15 (2011).
- Naufal, G., Termos, A., “The Responsiveness of Remittances to the Oil Price: The Case of GCC”, OPEC Energy Review, Vol. 33 (2009).
- Genc, I., Termos, A., “An Analysis into the Virtue of Inflation Rate Targeting”, International Journal of Business Policy and Economics, 2 (2009) 87-94.
Paper(s) under Review
- “The Role of Securitization and Foreign Funds in Bank Liquidity Management”, With Mohsen Saad and Darius Martin. Working papers and work in progress “Towards an Agent-Based Simulation of Housing in Urban Beirut”, with Neil Yorke- Smith (2017).
- “Estimating the Demand for Housing in Lebanon” (2016).
- “Rising Inequality and Housing affordability: International Evidence”, with Darius Martin. (2015)
- “Securitization of Home Mortgages: A Bank-Level Examination”, with Douglas Pearce and Darius Martin (2013).
- “Remittances Outflow and Inflation in the Remitting Countries: International Evidence” with George Naufal (2012).
- “Bank Investment as Real Option: A Note on Dixit-Pindyck Model” (2008).
GRANTS and AWARDS
- Awarded the Olayan Fund For Enhancing Research (OFFER), at the Olayan School of Business of American University of Beirut (AUB) in March 2017. This award provides additional funds to faculty members who publish peer-reviewed journal articles in Elsevier’s Scopus and Thomson Reuter’s Web of Science.
- Awarded a 2016 grant from The National Council for Scientific Research in Lebanon, for conducting the project “Towards an Agent-Based Simulation of Housing in Urban Beirut”, with Neil Yorke-Smith.
- Nominated for the Teaching Excellence Award, AUB, 2015.
- AUB’s University Research Grant for 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2016 (as a Co- Investigator).
- Graduate Student Scholarship at North Carolina State University, 2000-2005.