- Elementary Linear Algebra and Analytical Geometry, MAT 105a
- Elementary Linear Algebra and Analytical Geometry, MAT 105b
- Introduction to Abstract Algebra, MAT 205a
- Non-commutative algebra and applications for quantum groups
- Non-commutative geometry, symbolic computation
- Introduction to Abstract Algebra
- Calculus III - Multivariate Calculus and Geometry
- Advanced Linear Algebra
- Topics in Abstract Algebra
- Galois Theory
- Introduction to Lie Algebras
- Ideals, Varieties and Algorithms
- Representation Theory
Ph.D., Mathematics, Algebra, Moscow State University, Russia
M.A., Mathematics, Algebra, Sofia University, Bulgaria
Fulbright Research Scholar at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA, 1994-95
Graduate courses taught in Research Universities
Combinatorial Methods in Non-commutative Algebra; Algebra; Set-Theoretic solutions of the Yang-Baxter equation and related algebraic objects.
Topics of study include
Set-theoretic solutions of the Yang-Baxter equation and related algebraic objects; braided groups; Artin-Schelter regular algebras; quadratic algebras; the study of concrete algebras, groups, monoids, presented via generators and relations; rewriting systems; computational aspects of non-commutative algebra, non-commutative Groebner bases
Some Recent Publications
- Tatiana Gateva-Ivanova, (2018) . Set-theoretic solutions of the Yang-Baxter equation, Braces and Symmetric groups. Advances in Mathematics 338 (2018), 649—701. Read more.
- Tatiana Gateva-Ivanova, (2018) . A combinatorial approach to noninvolutive set-theoretic solutions of the Yang-Baxter equation, arXiv preprint arXiv:1808.03938 (2018). Read more.
- Cedó, F., Tatiana Gateva-Ivanova and Agata Smoktunowicz (2018). Braces and symmetric groups with special conditions. J. Pure and Applied Algebra, 222, (2018) 3877-3890. Read more.
- Cedó, F. , Tatiana Gateva-Ivanova and Agata Smoktunowicz . (2017). On the Yang–Baxter equation and left nilpotent left braces. Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra, 221 (4), 751–756. Read more.
- Tatiana Gateva-Ivanova, & Gunnar Fløystad. (2014). Monomial algebras defined by Lyndon words. Journal of Algebra, 403, 470–496. Read more.
- Tatiana Gateva-Ivanova, & Peter Cameron. (2012). Multipermutation Solutions of the Yang-Baxter Equation. Communications in Mathematical Physics, 309 (3), 583–621. Read more.
- Tatiana Gateva-Ivanova. (2012). Quadratic algebras, Yang-Baxter equation, and Artin-Schelter regularity. Advances in Mathematics, 230 (4–6), 2152–2175. Read more.