- Writing Academic Research Papers, ENG 102b
- Introduction to Literature, ENG 210a
- Topics in American Literature: Modernism, ENG 340a
- Critical and Cultural Theory
- History Memory and Narrative in Contemporary Balkan Cinema
- Psychoanalysis and Culture
- Postmodern Fictions
- Psychoanalysis and Literature
- Literary Theory and Criticism
- Film Criticism
Ph.D. Comparative Literature, University of Sheffield, 1994
B.A. (Hons.) English Literature (First Class), University of Sheffield, 1989
- Jacques Lacan. London: Routledge, 2005.
- Fredric Jameson. Cambridge: Polity Press, 1998.
- Slavoj Zizek and Radical Politics, London: Routledge, 2016
- Homer, Sean, Parkin-Gounelas, Ruth and Stavrakakis, Yannis, eds. ‘Objects: Material, Psychic, Aesthetic’, Gramma: Journal of Theory and Criticism 14 (2006).
- Kellner, Douglas and Homer, Sean, eds. Fredric Jameson: A Critical Reader. London: Palgrave, 2004.
- “A Singular Modernist: Fredric Jameson and the Politics of Modernism.” VTU Review: Studies in the Humanities and Social Sciences, 1: 1, (2017), pp. 29-38.
- The Founding Trauma of National Identity in the Films of Milčo Mančevski.” Croatian Political Science Review, Special Issue on Cultural Trauma, 54: 1-2, (2017), pp. 94-115
- “The Persistence of Theoretical Anti-humanism, or, The Politics of the Subject in Alain Badiou and Slavoj Žižek.” Annual Review of Critical Psychology (2017).
- ‘“To Begin at the Beginning Again’: Žižek in Yugoslavia.” Slavic Review 72, no. 14 (2013): 708-727.
- “Time to get serious.” Psychoanalysis, Culture and Society. 16, no. 3 (2011): 307-14.
- “The Voice as objet a in Tony Gatlif’s Gadjo dilo.” Psychoanalysis, Culture and Society. 15, no. 1 (2010): 37-52.
- “Retrieving Emir Kusturica’s Underground as a Critique of Ethnic Nationalism.” Jump Cut: A Review of Contemporary Media. 51 (2009)
- ‘“The Roma Do Not Exist”: The Roma as an Object of Cinematic Representation and the Question of Authenticity.” Objects: Material, Psychic, Aesthetic, Gramma: Journal of Theory and Criticis. 14 (2006): 183-97.
- “Cinema and Fetishism: The Disavowal of a Concept.” Historical Materialism. 13, no. 1 (2005): 85-116.
- “It’s the Political Economy, Stupid! On Žižek’s Marxism. ”Radical Philosophy, no. 108 (2001): 7-16.
- “Mapping the Terrain of Theoretical Anti-Humanism.” Free Associations: Psychoanalysis, Groups, Politics and Culture. no. 44, vol. 7, part 4 (2000): 29-51.
- “The Frankfurt School, the Father and the Social Fantasy.” New Formations, no. 38 (1999): 78-90.
- “Psychoanalysis, Representation, Politics: On the (Im)possibility of a Psychoanalytic Theory of Ideology?” The Letter – Lacanian Perspectives on Psychoanalysis, no. 7 (1996): 97-109.
- “Paris 1955 – 1968; or, Structuralism.” In A Companion to Critical and Cultural Theory. eds. Imre Szeman, Sarah Blacker, and Justin Sully. London: Wiley-Blackwell, 2017.
- “The Persistence of Theoretical Anti-humanism, or, The Politics of the Subject in Alain Badiou and Slavoj Žižek.” In The War on the Human: New Responses to an Ever-Present Debate. eds. Theodora Tsimpouki and Konstantinos Blatanis. Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Press, 2017.
- Jacques Lacan: Freud’s French Interpreter.” In The Routledge Handbook of Psychoanalysis in the Social Sciences and Humanities. eds. Anthony Elliott and Jeff Prager. London: Routledge, 2016.
- “Anti Anti-Utopia: Imagining Alternative Spaces.” In Playgrounds and Battlefields: Critical Perspectives of Social Engagement, eds Francisco Martinez and Klemen Slabina. Tallinn: Tallinn University Press, 2014.
- “The Politics of Comradeship: Philosophical Commitment and Construction in Alain Badiou and Slavoj Žižek.” In Badiou and the Political Condition, ed Marios Constantinou. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 2014.
- “Dreaming of the End Times: Žižek with Badiou.” In Event and Immortality: Literature, Language, Philosophy, Science. eds Dimitar Kambourov and Darin Tenev. Sofia: Sofia University Press, 2014.
- “The Rupture of the Real: resistance and recuperation in recent Serbian cinema.” In Lacan, Discourse, Event: New Analyses in Textual Indeterminacy. eds Ian Parker and David Pavon Cuellar. London: Routledge, 2013.
- “The Masses as a “Vanishing Mediator:” Class and Politics in Dušan Kovacevic’s The Professionsal.” In The Psychology and Politics of the Collective: Groups, Crowds and Mass Identifications. ed Ruth Parkin-Gounelas. London: Routledge, 2012.
- “Nationalism, Ideology and Balkan Cinema: Re-reading Kusturica’s Underground.” In Did Somebody Say Ideology? Slavoj Žižek and Consequences. eds Fabio Vighi and Heiko Feldner. Cambridge: Cambridge Scholars Press, 2007.
- “Narratives of History, Narratives of Time.” In On Jameson: From Postmodernism to Globalism. eds Caren Irr and Ian Buchannan. New York, SUNY Press, 2006.