- Principles of Macroeconomics, ECO 102b
- Principles of Macroeconomics, ECO 102c
- Topics in Advanced Macroeconomics: Economics of the Covid-19 Pandemic, ECO 402a
- Senior Thesis I, ECO 491e
- Senior Thesis II, ECO 492e
- Growth and Development
- Public Economics
- Informal Sector
- Applied Economics
- Economics of COVID-19
Ph.D. Economics University of Minnesota 2010, Dissertation Title: Essays on Dynamic Macroeconomics
M.A. Economics, University of Minnesota, 2009
B.A. Law, Istanbul Sehir University, 2018
B.A. Public Administration, Anadolu Universit, 2005
B.A. Economics, Bogazici University, 2005
SELECTED AND RECENT PUBLICATION
- “Women and the Informal Sector”, University of Chicago Press, 2021 (Forthcoming).
- “Contact Tracing is Associated with Lower COVID-19 Case Fatality Rates: Cross-country Evidence” (with Gokce Basbug, Abdullah Yalaman, Alison Galvani), Scientific Reports-Nature, 2021, Forthcoming.
- “Foreign Direct Investment, Informality, and Technology Transfer”, Review of Development Economics, 2021, Forthcoming.
- “Informality, Inequality and Profit Rate” (with Adem Y. Elveren and Joseph Bourgeois), Applied Economics Letters 2021 Forthcoming.
- “Economic Policy Responses to a Pandemic: Developing the COVID-19 Economic Stimulus Index” (with Gokce Basbug and Abdullah Yalaman), Covid Economics: Vetted and Real Time Papers,, 2020 3, 40-54).
- “The Informal Economy: Measures, Causes, and Consequences”, Routledge, 2020.
- “Incarceration and Labor Market Conditions of the Underclass in the United States: An Empirical Investigation “, (with Kerem Cantekin), European Journal on Criminal Policy and Research, 26(4), 529-546.
- “Is Informality a Barrier for Sustainable Development?”, Sustainable Development 2020 (with Gokcer Ozgur and Adem Y. Elveren) Forthcoming.
- “Shadow Economies around the World: Evidence from Metropolitan Areas”, Eastern Economic Journal, 2020 46, 301-322.
- “Wage Led vs. Profit Led Growth: A Comprehensive Econometric Analysis”, (with Cem Oyvat and Oguz Oztunali) Metroeconomica, 2020 71 (3), 458-486.
- “Evolution and Predictors of the Homicide Rate in Turkish Provinces: Evidence from Panel Data”, European Journal on Criminal Policy and Research, 2019, 25, 379-390.
- “Sectoral Estimates of Informality: A New Method and An Application to Turkish Economy.”, (with M. Burak Sezgin), The Developing Economies, 2017, Vol. 55, No. 4, pp. 261-289.
- “Growth Effects of Inflation under the Presence of Informality.”, (with Dila Asfuroglu), Bulletin of Economic Research, 2016, Vol. 68, No. 4, pp. 311-328.
- “Cyclicality of Labor Wedge and Informal Sector”, (with Orhan Erem Atesagaoglu), Economics Letters, December 2015, Vol. 136., pp. 141-146.
- “Informal Economy in a Dynamic Political Framework”, Macroeconomic Dynamics, 2015, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 578-617.
- “Homeownership, informality and the transmission of monetary policy”, (with R. Burak Uras), Journal of Banking and Finance, 2014, Vol. 49, pp. 160-168.
- “Public debt, sovereign default risk and shadow economy”, (with R. Burak Uras), Journal of Financial Stability, December 2013, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 628-640.
- “Is Informality a Barrier to Financial Development?”, (with R. Burak Uras), SERIEs, 2013, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 309-331.
“A Theory of Economic Development with Endogenous Fertility”, Macroeconomic Dynamics, 2012, Vol. 16, No. 5, pp. 686-705.