Have a question?
- Professor in Writing and Literature
- Arts, Languages, and Literature
- Main Building
- (+359 73) 888 451
Ph.D. Comparative Literature, University of Sheffield, 1994
B.A. (Hons.) English Literature (First Class), University of Sheffield, 1989
Composition (ENG 101 and 102)
Film Criticism (ENG 220) and Balkan Cinema (ENG 371)
Modernism (ENG 350)
Literary Theory and Criticism (ENG 360)
Psychoanalysis and Literature (ENG 370)
Critical and Cultural Theory,
Psychoanalysis and Culture,
- Jacques Lacan. London: Routledge, 2005.
- Fredric Jameson. Cambridge: Polity Press, 1998.
- Homer, Sean, Parkin-Gounelas, Ruth and Stavrakakis, Yannis, eds. ‘Objects: Material, Psychic, Aesthetic’, Gramma: Journal of Theory and Criticism 14 (2006).
- Kellner, Douglas and Homer, Sean, eds. Fredric Jameson: A Critical Reader. London: Palgrave, 2004.
- ‘“To Begin at the Beginning Again’: Žižek in Yugoslavia.” Slavic Review 72, no. 14 (2013): 708-727.
- “Time to get serious.” Psychoanalysis, Culture and Society. 16, no. 3 (2011): 307-14.
- “The Voice as objet a in Tony Gatlif’s Gadjo dilo.” Psychoanalysis, Culture and Society. 15, no. 1 (2010): 37-52.
- “Retrieving Emir Kusturica’s Underground as a Critique of Ethnic Nationalism.” Jump Cut: A Review of Contemporary Media. 51 (2009)
- ‘“The Roma Do Not Exist”: The Roma as an Object of Cinematic Representation and the Question of Authenticity.” Objects: Material, Psychic, Aesthetic, Gramma: Journal of Theory and Criticis. 14 (2006): 183-97.
- “Cinema and Fetishism: The Disavowal of a Concept.” Historical Materialism. 13, no. 1 (2005): 85-116.
- “It’s the Political Economy, Stupid! On Žižek’s Marxism. ”Radical Philosophy, no. 108 (2001): 7-16.
- “Mapping the Terrain of Theoretical Anti-Humanism.” Free Associations: Psychoanalysis, Groups, Politics and Culture. no. 44, vol. 7, part 4 (2000): 29-51.
- “The Frankfurt School, the Father and the Social Fantasy.” New Formations, no. 38 (1999): 78-90.
- “Psychoanalysis, Representation, Politics: On the (Im)possibility of a Psychoanalytic Theory of Ideology?” The Letter - Lacanian Perspectives on Psychoanalysis, no. 7 (1996): 97-109.
- “Anti Anti-Utopia: Imagining Alternative Spaces.” In Playgrounds and Battlefields: Critical Perspectives of Social Engagement, eds Francisco Martinez and Klemen Slabina. Tallinn: Tallinn University Press, 2014.
- “The Politics of Comradeship: Philosophical Commitment and Construction in Alain Badiou and Slavoj Žižek.” In Badiou and the Political Condition, ed Marios Constantinou. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 2014.
- “Dreaming of the End Times: Žižek with Badiou.” In Event and Immortality: Literature, Language, Philosophy, Science. eds Dimitar Kambourov and Darin Tenev. Sofia: Sofia University Press, 2014.
- “The Rupture of the Real: resistance and recuperation in recent Serbian cinema.” In Lacan, Discourse, Event: New Analyses in Textual Indeterminacy. eds Ian Parker and David Pavon Cuellar. London: Routledge, 2013.
- “The Masses as a “Vanishing Mediator:” Class and Politics in Dušan Kovacevic’s The Professionsal.” In The Psychology and Politics of the Collective: Groups, Crowds and Mass Identifications. ed Ruth Parkin-Gounelas. London: Routledge, 2012.
- “Nationalism, Ideology and Balkan Cinema: Re-reading Kusturica’s Underground.” In Did Somebody Say Ideology? Slavoj Žižek and Consequences. eds Fabio Vighi and Heiko Feldner. Cambridge: Cambridge Scholars Press, 2007.
- “Narratives of History, Narratives of Time.” In On Jameson: From Postmodernism to Globalism. eds Caren Irr and Ian Buchannan. New York, SUNY Press, 2006.