Thanks to your discipline and care for others, we were able to return to somewhat normal life last semester. I was delighted to see so many amazing academic and co-curricular events happening on campus and wanted to thank you for your dedication in making them happen.
We did not see an increase in cases after going back to regular classes and events. Thus, after careful assessment of the situation, I am happy to announce that Fall semester we plan to return to normal. This means that:
There will be no COVID-19 procedures in place:
- no masks, no physical distancing policies, and no Green Pass;
- Classes will be held on-ground. We will grant an exemption only to students with visa and travel issues as well as those with legitimate medical reasons;
- Each request for a medical exemption will be reviewed by a Committee which then will make a recommendation. Please note that you need to inform your professors and have their approval to attend classes online as well;
- Of course, government orders overrule university policies and we will adjust our plans in case of new Ministry of Health regulations. Currently, Bulgaria has removed all COVID-19 restrictions and we are hopeful that this will still be the case during the fall;
- Yet, it is important to remember that COVID-19 is still here. We encourage you to remain cautious and vaccinate/receive a booster shot for your safety and the safety of others.
As we are currently seeing an increase of cases in Bulgaria and Europe, we would like to encourage you to consider vaccination/booster before coming back to campus. The statistics unarguably show the effectiveness of the vaccine and the fact that getting vaccinated is the best way to keep ourselves and our community safe.