America for Bulgaria Student Center
America for Bulgaria Student Center is the jewel in the crown of our contemporary campus. The spacious, generously sunlit, the multi-functional center was built in 2013 with the financial help of the America for Bulgaria Foundation. It hosts our state-of-the-art theater, sports and dining halls, and the Student Services office. Other popular facilities inside the center are the workout gym, the bookstore, a trendy coffee shop, and lots of chill-out areas with WI-Fi access.
Dr. Carl Djerassi Theater Hall
Postbank Conference Room
Conference Room 6306
Balkanski Academic Center
The Balkanski Academic Center (BAC) is part of the Skaptopara Campus, where the AUBG Residence Halls and Panitza Library are located. The BAC has classrooms and computer labs suitable for training of small groups, while the Andrey Delchev Auditorium seats 150 people.
Andrey Delchev Auditorium
Classrooms and Computer Labs
Skaptopara Residence Halls of the American University in Bulgaria The Skaptopara Residence Halls are conveniently located next door to the New Academic Building and the Library, and at a 10 min. the walking distance across the city center from the Main Building. The Residence halls can accommodate up to 900 people in double or triple rooms with private bathrooms. Payphones are available in the lobbies.
Skaptopara Residence Halls offer to our conference guests:
- Day and night security service
- Computer labs with Internet access
- Self-service cafe with refreshments and snacks
- Backyard with well-kept lawn and benches, suitable for open-air parties
- Spacious lobbies with TV sets and comfortable sofas
- Cozy lounges on each floor
- Accessible for disabled people
The Skaptopara Residence Halls are available for the accommodation of conference participants only in the summer months, during the student vacation from May 20 to August 20.
Local hotels We offer our in-kind assistance for suitable arrangements and reservations with local hotels, located at 10 to 15 min walking distance from the American University in Bulgaria. The prices vary from moderate to more expensive depending on the standard of the hotel.
AV equipment at the disposal to conference organizers includes:
- Overhead and Multimedia projectors
- CD, DVD and video players
- Flipchart stands with notepads
- Sound equipment
We offer catering services for protocol events such as coffee breaks, cocktails, and banquets, as well as served or self-served meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our conference guests have always been pleased with the vegetarian or non-vegetarian specialties prepared by the AUBG culinary team.
We are pleased to offer our special transportation services, which include:
- Receive and process all arrival/departure information
- Sofia airport-Blagoevgrad-Sofia airport transfers
- Arrangements for buses, vans and cars for conference needs
- Transportation for sightseeing trips
Plan a day or an afternoon trip and spend an unforgettable time at one of the following tourist attractions in Southwest Bulgaria, which are approximately within an hour drive from the conference venue. A comfortable bus and an English-speaking tour guide will make you relax and get well acquainted with some of Bulgaria’s treasures.
- The 10-century-old Rila Monastery, included in the UNESCO List of World Heritage - The picturesque town of Melnik, famous for its architecture, sandstone pyramids and red wine
- The ski resort and museum town of Bansko
Pre-conference and post-conference trips to further destinations in Bulgaria such as the ancient town of Plovdiv, the old Bulgarian capital Veliko Tarnovo, or the Black Sea cost Blagoevgrad itself has a lot to offer to its guests – an opera house, cinema halls, a historical museum, art galleries, and numerous cozy cafes and eat-out places. Recreational facilities such as tennis courts, a baseball field, fitness halls for men and women, swimming pools, and a jogging path along the Bisritza river are available to the city guests for sports and leisure times.
Our special free-of-charge services include:
- A night in the town, sample the Blagoevgrad nightlife
- Tour of the town