During the Fall and Spring semester, October to January and February to
May, the English Language Institute offers twice-a-week non-intensive TOEFL preparation course. The course consists of 80 academic hours and is offered either in the morning (for senior students attending school in the afternoon) or in the afternoon (for senior students attending school in the morning).
During the Summer semester the same course is offered intensively for four weeks in July.
Tuition: EUR 434
Discounted tuition for Bulgarian applicants: EUR 217.
To register please call +35973-888/555/557/552 or write an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Detailed descriptions of the TOEFL and SAT preparation courses follow below.
The course is designed for students with an excellent command of English, primarily from English language and math schools or students who have successfully completed ELI University Preparatory Program Step 2, planning to use TOEFL as admission tests to American universities.
The chief goal of the course is to build-up practical skills for success in the TOEFL test by reviewing basic and subtle grammatical items, enriching students’ vocabulary, acquainting them with useful test taking strategies. Most of all, students have the unique opportunity to complete a large number of sample tests in a real TOEFL Test Center.
- It acquaints students with the format of the test.
- It significantly improves students’ listening comprehension skills by having them complete a number of internet-based TOEFL listening and speaking components.
- It allows students to gain accuracy in structure and written expression and speed in choosing the standard structure or recognizing the error.
- It teaches students effective strategies for reading and understanding academic and literary texts.
- It gives students the opportunity to write 7-10 short expository or argumentative essays on a number of exam topics.
- It helps students become familiar with the internet-based TOEFL and confident in doing it.
Upon completion of the course students approach TOEFL with more confidence. They will have accumulated considerable knowledge that helps them improve their score. Students will be also pointed out effective ways to continue self-preparing in order to boost their results.
AUBG TEST CENTER
The English Language Institute at the American University in Bulgaria is established as a certified ETS iBT Test Center. Testing dates are available 2 to 4 times a month and can be seen on www.ets.org. Registration is on-line and the deadline is one week before the testing date.
IBT TOEFL: Test Center code number is STN13646A.