The American University in Bulgaria is seeking a talented and innovative individual to join our esteemed institution as a Panitza Library Information Literacy Librarian. If you are passionate about empowering students with the skills and knowledge needed to excel in their academic pursuits and beyond, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. This is a full-time position based in Blagoevgrad.
As the Information Literacy Librarian, you will be at the forefront of promoting information literacy across our academic community. Your primary responsibility will be to design and deliver engaging information literacy programs, resources, and instruction that enable students, faculty, and staff to critically evaluate and effectively utilize information resources. The role will involve close collaboration with faculty to integrate information literacy into the curriculum and support students in becoming discerning and proficient researchers.
Information Literacy Instruction:
- Develop and deliver innovative and interactive information literacy instruction sessions, workshops, and tutorials.
- Collaborate with faculty to embed information literacy concepts and skills into course curricula.
- Create online learning modules and guides to support self-directed learning and research skill development.
Student Engagement and Support:
- Provide one-on-one research consultations to assist students with their information needs and research projects.
- Foster a welcoming and inclusive environment where students feel comfortable seeking research assistance.
- Conduct outreach initiatives to promote information literacy resources and services to the student community.
- Work closely with faculty from various disciplines to align information literacy instruction with specific course objectives.
- Participate in curriculum design and assessment to ensure information literacy outcomes are met.
- Collaborate with teaching faculty on the creation of assignments that promote information literacy and critical thinking.
- Stay current with trends in information literacy, educational technology, and scholarly communication to enhance library offerings.
- Evaluate and select information literacy-related resources, including books, databases, and online tools.
Assessment and Outreach:
- Assess the impact and effectiveness of information literacy programs and services, making data-driven improvements as needed.
- Engage in outreach activities to promote information literacy services and resources to the academic community.
REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent from an accredited institution; higher education degree required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information literacy theory, best practices, and current trends. Familiarity with US standards for information literacy (ACRL Framework).
- Experience developing and delivering information literacy instruction in an academic setting. Strong understanding of curriculum integration and collaboration with faculty.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with educational technologies and online learning platforms.
- Experience with collection development and management is a plus.
- An opportunity to work in a multinational and friendly environment at a leading educational organization
- Freedom to bring in your individual strengths and skills
- On-the-job training as well as support in obtaining a professional qualification
- Access to all employee benefits, a complete list of which is available here
If you are interested in the position of Information Literacy Librarian and would like to work, learn and develop in one of the top academic institutions in the region, please submit a CV, cover letter and a reference page at: [email protected]
The information you have provided will be used to process your application for employment. It will not be passed to third parties or used for other purposes. If you are successful, we will keep your application details. If you are not the chosen candidate, we will destroy your data within 6 months after this vacancy closes. Security procedures are in place for protecting your data in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your details may be stored electronically in a password-protected system and/or as paper copies in secure storage.