EU Students

As an international student accepted for study at the American University in Bulgaria, you will not need an entry visa if you are from a member country of the EU.

Upon arrival, you will be issued a Certificate for Long Term Residence for a foreigner from a member country of the EU. The procedure is as follows:   

1. Submit the following documents to International Student Services:

  • Copy of your international passport or national ID card
  • Enrollment certificate from Registrars in Bulgarian, stating the expected date of graduation
  • Certificate from your residence hall director (in Bulgarian)
  • Certificate from AUBG's Health Center that you have insurance.               
  • Certificate from a local bank that you have opened an account and deposited 1000 BGN  

2. Take an application form from the International Student Services Office and go to the local police department.

We are Social