As an international student accepted for study at the American University in Bulgaria, you will not need an entry visa if you are from a member country of the EU.
Upon arrival, you will be issued a Certificate for Long Term Residence for a foreigner from a member country of the EU. The procedure is as follows:
1. Submit the following documents to International Student Services:
- Copy of your international passport or national ID card
- Enrollment certificate from Registrars in Bulgarian, stating the expected date of graduation
- Certificate from your residence hall director (in Bulgarian)
- Certificate from AUBG's Health Center that you have insurance.
- Certificate from a local bank that you have opened an account and deposited 1000 BGN
2. Take an application form from the International Student Services Office and go to the local police department.