Student Campus Policies for AY 20/21
Last updated January 2021
AUBG is committed to protecting its students, faculty, and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are implementing the following policies to minimize the risk of students transmitting the virus among members of the AUBG community. These policies override the Student Handbook’s other policies.
1. AUBG recommends that students who are returning to campus have a COVID-19 test the week before the semester starts. Students present the results of the test to the Health Center.
2. AUBG advises students to place themselves under self-isolation for two weeks before the start of the semester. Students should note whom they come into contact with during these two weeks. Students must advise the Health Center immediately if a person they came into contact with becomes infected with COVID-19.
3. Students must cover their nose and mouth in the public areas of AUBG buildings, including MB, BAC, ABF, and the residence halls. Face masks, face shields, and scarfs are appropriate, providing that students cover their nose and mouth. Students do not need to keep the nose and mouth covered in classrooms, but must have appropriate attire to do so if needed.
4. Students, faculty, and staff should communicate with AUBG offices via email, telephone, and Zoom/Skype.
In-person visits should be avoided. If an in-person visit cannot be avoided, the time of the visit should be pre-arranged via email or telephone with sufficient advance notice.
The persons visiting the respective office should wear facemasks.
No more than one person at a time can be admitted to a particular office.
Physical distancing should be observed at all times.
5. All student meetings of eleven or more attendees must take place online, including meetings of Student Government and student clubs.
6. Student clubs can hold on-ground meetings with eleven or more attendees, when physical interaction is essential, such as sports clubs and theater groups. The President grant permission for these groups to hold on-ground meetings.
7. Extracurricular gatherings are limited to a maximum of ten attendees except where the AUBG President grants special permission for larger gatherings. The event’s organizer must have protocols in place to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. The Health Center must approve these protocols before the AUBG President grants permission.
8. AUBG encourages students to avoid public transport.
9. The Student Conduct Council takes disciplinary action against students who violate these policies.
These policies apply for AY 20/21. This section’s policies override the Student Handbook’s other policies.
1. Students are required to live on campus unless they are at elevated risk from COVID-19 or cannot return to campus because of visa problems or border restrictions. Students with health issues should contact the Health Center for permission to live off-campus. The Health Center notifies Residence Life and Housing that it has granted students permission.
2. Students must designate two trusted friends whom they grant permission to shift their belongings into storage should they be unable to do so themselves.
3. For AUBG’s policy on housing fee refunds, see the Refund Policy.
4. No guests, off-campus or online students are allowed in the Residence Halls. A first violation will result in $25 fine, the subsequent penalty is $50.
5. Face masks are required in the public areas of the residence halls. A first violation for not wearing a mask in an indoor public area is $25, the subsequent fine is $50.
Skaptopara I Residence Hall
(+359 73) 888 207
Prevention of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Bulgarian
Prevention of Coronavirous Disease (COVID-19) in English
Meeting Safety Protocol