Staff Policies for AY 21/22
Temporary Staff Policies for AY 20/21
Last updated August 2021
Може да прочетете временните политиките на български език тук .
AUBG is committed to protecting its students, faculty, and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are implementing the following policies for AY 21/22 to minimize the risk of staff transmitting the virus.
1. AUBG recommends all AUBG students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against the SARS-Cov-2 (COVID-19) virus unless they have specific medical contraindications.
2. Students, faculty, and staff should communicate with AUBG offices via email, telephone, video conference, or in person.
In-person visits should be avoided. If an in-person visit cannot be avoided, the time of an in-person meeting/visit should be pre-arranged via email or telephone with sufficient advance notice.
No more than one person at a time can be admitted to a particular office unless explicitly invited as a group.
The persons visiting the respective office should wear facemasks.
Physical distancing of at least 2 m (6 feet) should be observed at all times.
3. AUBG recommends that all staff members present to the AUBG Health Center a certificate of completed vaccination against COVID-19, a certificate of a positive PCR test within the previous six months, or a COVID-19 test (PCR or fast antigen test) done during the week before the start of the fall semester. Staff who have tested positive for COVID-19 should not come to the campus and should inform the Health Center by telephone or email.
4. Staff is required to check their temperature daily when they enter the MB, ABF, BAC, Elieff Center, and the residence halls. Staff with an elevated temperature will be allowed to go back to work only after they present to the Health Center proof of lack of COVID-19 infection, issued by their family physician.
5. Staff is required to sanitize their hands upon entering the MB, ABF, BAC, and Elieff Center. Hand sanitizers will be available at the entrances.
Prior to the start of the fall semester, all offices will be supplied with hand sanitizers, gloves, facemasks, disinfectant sprays for surface cleaning.
The cleaning staff will regularly clean all offices.
6. Staff must cover their nose and mouth with disposable or multiple-use face masks in the public areas of the AUBG buildings, including MB, BAC, ABF, and the residence halls.
7. At least 50% of staff should work from home unless this is not possible. All offices should work with their supervisors to develop a schedule that follows this requirement. Where possible, staff working from home should rotate on a regular basis according to the needs of each office. For those employees for whom it is not possible to work from home, please continue to wear masks in public spaces, observe sanitation procedures, and maintain social distancing at all times.
AUBG employees may work remotely provided that:
- It is practically possible for them to perform their duties remotely;
- They remain reachable by phone and/or email during normal working hours;
- The phone of the person who is working remotely should be forwarded to their mobile phone or it should be arranged that it will be answered by another colleague in the respective office.
Managers may introduce flexible working arrangements for their staff. A timetable indicating the time when staff will be available at AUBG and the time they will be working remotely shall be placed on the door of the respective office or another visible place.
Managers have the responsibility to inform the President’s Office, the Office of VP Finance & Administration, and the HR office about the flexible working arrangements that they have introduced.
8. Staff meetings should be held virtually through Zoom or other permitted electronic means (please consult with OCC if you need to use a special type of electronic application). If a physical meeting involving more than eleven (11) people is required, the organizer of the meeting should develop a special protocol for the meeting to ensure that the appropriate health and safety standards are observed. AUBG’s medical doctor should approve the protocol in advance of the meeting.
9. Documents should be exchanged electronically (as scanned copies attached to email). If this is not possible, documents should be exchanged via internal and external mail or via the special arrangements introduced by the respective offices.
9. The Purchasing Office will only process purchasing requests submitted via the online portal and after all necessary approvals have been provided. Emails will be sent to the requester with information on when and how to receive the items that have been ordered.
Skaptopara I Residence Hall
(+359 73) 888 207
Prevention of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Bulgarian
Prevention of Coronavirous Disease (COVID-19) in English