If you have problems with the police or are threatened by other people, or for any other special cases of emergency, please contact Ilko Vanguelov, AUBG Security Manager at his mobile phone (0889 626 308).
There usually is someone near you who speaks English, but if not-here are some useful words in Bulgarian:
Help - POMOSHT
Ambulance - LINEIKA
Fire - POZHAR
Thief - KRADETZ
Flood - NAVODNENIE
When visiting the Residence Halls, guests from outside the University must leave their passports at the guard's desk and tell the guard on duty what room they will be in. AUBG students visiting another residence hall should sign into the guard's register. Some Important
Tips for Your Safety:
- Report any concerns to the guards, as soon as detected.
- Ask the guards for assistance with the local police department.
- Always make sure you register your overnight guests with the building manager.
- Always lock your room.
- Keep your valuables in a secure place (the University has no legal liability for thefts).
- Obtain your roommate's consent for having visitors and/or overnight guests.
- In cases of physical abuse, assault, harassment, threats, excessivenoise, public intoxication, and boisterousness contact your RAs, the guard on duty, and/or the building manager.
- In case of fire emergency, use the fire extinguishers and contact the guards.
- Carry wallets and passports in secure non-visible place.Do not walk alone after dark.
- Do not leave your belongings (backpacks, purses, etc.) unattended.
- Be cautious in unfamiliar environments.
- Do not give the keys from your room or copies of them to anybody.