Refund Policies for Fall 2020
Refund Policies for Fall 2020
Students must pay their tuition and the other required fees for the Fall 2020 semester in full no later than August 17. The required fees are the housing fee, the student activity fee, the meal plan deposit, and outstanding balances.
Students Who Attend Classes Online Due to Medical Reasons
Students permitted to attend classes online must pay their full tuition, a discounted student activity fee of $60, and any outstanding balances in full no later than August 17. AUBG charges online students a discounted activity fee to cover the costs of services accessible to online students, such as the career, counseling, and tutoring services. Students obtain permission to attend classes online from AUBG’s Health Center for medical reasons. The deadline is July 6. The Health Center shall inform students of its decision by August 1 and shall notify Student Billing.
Online students are not required to pay a housing fee and a meal deposit unless they return to campus during the semester. In that case, AUBG assesses students a prorated housing fee (if they are assigned a bed in the residence halls), a prorated student activity fee, and a meal plan deposit of $150. Students must pay all fees within three working days from the date that they return to campus. Failure to pay the additional fees may result in the deactivation of the student’s ID card. Residence Life and Housing will notify Student Billing about the date of return and the prorated housing fee. The Health Center must clear online students before they can return to campus.
Students Who Arrive on Campus after the Start of the Fall Semester
AUBG offers students a partial refund of their housing fee (excluding the non-refundable $150 deposit) and student activity fee when visa issues or border restrictions delay their return to campus. International Student Services notifies Student Billing of the delay. Residence Life and Housing notifies Student Billing of the date students return to campus and their housing fee. The refund depends on when the student returns to campus:
- No refund is provided if the student arrives within six weeks from the start of the semester;
- 40% refund of the semester’s housing fee and student activity fee is provided if the student arrives after the 6th week of the semester but not later than the end of the 10th week of the semester;
- 65% refund of the semester’s housing fee and student activity fee is provided if the student arrives after the 10th week of the semester;
- 85% refund of the semester’s housing fee and student activity fee is provided if the student is unable to return to campus.
Early Closing of Campus
AUBG provides a partial refund of the housing fee (excluding the non-refundable $150 deposit) and the student activity fee at the following rates if it instructs students to leave the campus before the end of the fall semester:
- During add/drop week – 90%
- During the 2nd week of the semester – 80%
- During the 3rd week of the semester – 70%
- During the 4th week of the semester – 60%
- During the 5th week of the semester – 50%
- During the 6th week of the semester – 40%
- During the 7th week of the semester – 30%
- During the 8th week of the semester – 20%
- During the 9th week of the semester – 10%
- After the 9th week of the semester – no refund
AUBG offsets the refund against future fees payable to the University, except for graduating seniors and visiting students.
AUBG rolls unused meal plan deposits over to the next semester.
Students Who Switch to Online Classes for Medical Reasons
Students who switch to online classes during the semester due to a change in their health status are entitled to a partial refund of the housing fee and the student activity fee at the above rates. AUBG rolls unused meal plans over to the next semester. The Health Center grants permission for students to attend classes online and notifies Residence Life and Student Billing.
Method of Payment of Tuition and Fees
AUBG does not accept cash payments of tuition and fees for the Fall 2020 semester. AUBG only accepts electronic payments (wire transfers, credit cards, ePay, etc.). Student Billing can provide further information.
AUBG shall administer and construe any matters not settled under this policy in accordance with the policies in the Academic Catalog.
Skaptopara I Residence Hall
(+359 73) 888 207
Prevention of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Bulgarian
Prevention of Coronavirous Disease (COVID-19) in English