Refund Policies for AY 2021/2022
Students who attend classes online and live off-campus
Students permitted to attend classes online must pay in full:
- Student activity fee
- Health insurance – for international students who live in Bulgaria
- Any outstanding balances from previous semesters.
No meal plan deposit and housing fee are required for students who declared online status.
Students who arrive on campus after the start of the fall semester because of visa delay or border restrictions
For students who have booked a room in the Residence Halls, but arrive after the start of the fall semester because of visa delay or border restrictions (red zone countries), AUBG offers a l refund scheme of their housing fee. International Student Services notifies Student Billing of the delay. Residence Life and Housing notifies Student Billing of the date the students return to campus and their housing fee. The refund depends on when the student returns to campus:
- No refund is provided if the student arrives within six weeks from the start of the semester;
- 40% refund of the semester’s housing fee is provided if the student arrives after the 6th week of the semester but not later than the end of the 10th week of the semester;
- 65% refund of the semester’s housing fee is provided if the student arrives after the 10th week of the semester;
- 100% refund of the semester’s housing fee is provided if the student is unable to return to campus.
Early closing of campus
AUBG provides a partial refund of the housing fee at the following rates if it must instruct students to leave the campus before the end of the fall semester:
- During add/drop week – 90%
- During the 2nd week of the semester – 80%
- During the 3rd week of the semester – 70%
- During the 4th week of the semester – 60%
- During the 5th week of the semester – 50%
- During the 6th week of the semester – 40%
- During the 7th week of the semester – 30%
- During the 8th week of the semester – 20%
- During the 9th week of the semester – 10%
- After the 9th week of the semester – no refund
Any refunds will be transferred to student account and can offset future fees payable to the University. Outstanding balances for graduating seniors and visiting students will be wired back.
Skaptopara I Residence Hall
(+359 73) 888 207
Prevention of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Bulgarian
Prevention of Coronavirous Disease (COVID-19) in English