Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
This privacy notice outlines how and why the American University in Bulgaria (AUBG) collects, uses and stores your personal data, and your rights in relation to the personal data we hold. We may modify or amend this Privacy Notice. The most current version will always be available on our Website and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. If you have any questions about such matters, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal data do we collect?
The personal information we collect
from you is the following:
- personal data including your name;
- contact data including your email address and phone number;
- job history including industry, position, organization, career achievements;
- academic history including your year of graduation, major, academic achievements;
- English proficiency (if applicable);
Medical and criminal record certificates may be required at a later stage if you are offered the employment and the job position requires their submission.
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect information about you from your
- application documents (CV, cover letter);
Note:* When we obtain personal data from third party sources, we will look to ensure that the third party has lawful authority to provide us with your personal data.
The basis for processing your information and how we use it
Receiving and processing your personal data, as detailed above, is used in the recruitment and application cycle only, and is based on your consent – Art. 6, p. 1, (a) of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – consent of the data subject for one or more purposes.
Control and care over your data
We, as an institution with one of the highest rankings in Bulgaria, are striving to improve and upgrade our control systems – to include pseudonymisation of the collected and processed data, access controls, defined within the university, and most importantly – applied due care by our staff and faculty members. All measures are implemented against inadvertent or deliberate manipulation, loss, or destruction, and access by unauthorized persons.
Who we share your data with
Your data is not shared with third parties.
How long we keep it
If you are offered the position and sign an employment contract, we will keep your application documents according to the legal requirements of the local authorities for maintaining your personnel record (including archiving purposes). If you are not the chosen candidate, we will destroy your data within 6 months after the vacancy closes, and will return to you all original (and notary certified) documents the way you have submitted them. We may retain application materials for a maximum of 3 years for some candidates, based on their consent to do so.
Your rights in relation to the personal data we hold:
- to request an access to your personal data we hold;
- to rectify or erase your personal data;
- to restrict or object to processing concerning your data;
- to request data transfer to other parties;
- to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before this withdrawal;
- to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority – Commission for Personal Data Protection, address - 2 Prof. Tsvetan Lazarov Blvd., Sofia 1592.
To withdraw consent at any time, please email email@example.com
You may address your concerns or inquiries to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) – Margarita Petkova, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; tel +359 73 888 337.
Please visit AUBG Internal Rules for Data Protection for more information.