Privacy Notice for Career Services
Privacy Notice for Career Services
AUBG Career Center has created this statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. This document explains how we gather, use, and protect your information.
The office needs to collect and process personal data in order to provide services to students, alumni and employers, manage its operations effectively and meet certain legal requirements. When you register with us you give us the right to hold and process your personal information including sensitive personal information for administrative purposes in order to provide you with educational services, including career counseling and guidance; personal credential files, job-posting services. Your information with be held confidentially and in order to enhance the quality of services available to you, and for any other legitimate reason. We are committed to maintaining your privacy and protecting your personal information. To that end, the University Career Center:
- Only allows access of Career Center staff to information in databases when individuals have agreed to release such data by participating in Career Center programs, submitting application materials, placing a resume or CV in a resume book, or asking that credentials be forwarded on their behalf to employers, recruiters, faculty, university admissions bodies, competition organizers among other.
- Only shares with employers, recruiters, faculty, university admissions bodies, competition organizers among other the resumes and CVs of students and alumni who have given us permission to do so
- Does not provide employers access to view credential file information or resumes directly from the University Career Center database
- Does not release your personal information unless you request this, by specifically making your information available to employers, recruiters, faculty, university admissions bodies, competition organizers among other
- Does not sell personal contact information of students, alumni, employers, faculty or anyone else with a student or alumni personal account at the Career Center.
- Authentication: We require you to use a unique login and password to use services where appropriate, i.e. Sigi3. Neither our staff nor the staff at Sigi3 has the ability to access your password.
- Identification: Some forms, careers advice, counselling services or job mailings ask for personal information such as your name and e-mail address. Such information is voluntary unless otherwise noted. NOTE: If you do not provide contact information it may be impossible for us to respond personally to your requests.
- Reports and analysis: We may seek your voluntary participation in surveys used to review and improve our services and/or provide reports to University officials. This information is used in aggregate form, and does not personally identify you.
We Don't Sell Your Contact Information
While using our services, you may choose to submit personal information through email or online forms. We will use this information to process your requests. But we will not intentionally sell, share, or distribute your personal information to third parties, except as required by law or based on your consent.
The University Career Center staff cannot be held responsible and/or liable for any damages, real or imagined, past, present or future, from the information contained in career related postings on the Career Services Facebook page or from responding to requests from those postings.
We will from time to time communicate with you by email, post or telephone. If, at any stage, you are concerned about the content of these communications or wish to change the method of communication that we use, please contact us or unsubscribe to the email communications.
If you are unsuccessful in unsubscribing from our communications channels and/or remain concerned, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Control and care over your data
We, as an institution with one of the highest rankings in Bulgaria, are striving to improve and upgrade our control systems – to include pseudonymisation of the collected and processed data, access controls, defined within the university, and most importantly – applied due care by our staff and faculty members. All measures are implemented against inadvertent or deliberate manipulation, loss, or destruction, and access by unauthorized persons.
How long we keep it
We will keep student and alumni data until requested to be deleted, i.e. be forgotten under GDPR.
You rights in relation to the personal data we hold:
- to request an access to your personal data we hold;
- to rectify or erasure your personal data;
- to restrict or object to processing concerning your data;
- to request data transfer to other parties;
- to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before this withdrawal;
- to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority – Commission for Personal Data Protection, address - 2 Prof. Tsvetan Lazarov Blvd., Sofia 1592.
You may address your concerns or inquiries to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) – Margarita Petkova, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; tel +359 73 888 337.
Anything you are not clear about
If there is anything you are unclear about or need further information on your rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer, who shall be happy to answer any queries you may have concerning GDPR or the way in which we process your personal data.
How to contact us
Career Center Office, American University in Bulgaria, Skaptopara Campus, 12 Svoboda Bachvarova St, Blagoevgrad 2700. Telephone: +359 (0) 73 888 521/522. Email: CareerCenter@aubg.edu and email@example.com.
Please visit AUBG Internal Rules for Data Protection for more information.