Privacy Notice for Career Services
Privacy Notice for Career Services
This privacy notice outlines how and why the American University in Bulgaria (AUBG) collects, uses and stores your personal data, and your rights in relation to the personal data we hold. We may modify or amend this Privacy Notice. The most current version will always be available on our Website and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. If you have any questions about such matters you can contact us at email@example.com.
AUBG Career Center has created this statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. This document explains how we gather, use, and protect your information.
The office needs to collect and process personal data in order to provide services to students, alumni and employers, manage its operations effectively, and meet certain legal requirements. When you register with us you give us the right to hold and process your personal information including sensitive personal information for administrative purposes in order to provide you with educational services, including career counseling and guidance; personal credential files, job-posting services. Your information with be held confidentially and in order to enhance the quality of services available to you, and for any other legitimate reason. We are committed to maintaining your privacy and protecting your personal information. To that end, the University Career Center:
- Only allows access of Career Center staff to information in databases when individuals have agreed to release such data by participating in Career Center programs, submitting application materials, placing a resume or CV in a resume book, or asking that credentials be forwarded on their behalf to employers, recruiters, faculty, university admissions bodies, competition organizers among others.
- Only shares with employers, recruiters, faculty, university admissions bodies, competition organizers among other the resumes and CVs of students and alumni who have given us permission to do so.
- Does not provide employers access to view credential file information or resumes directly from the University Career Center database.
- Does not release your personal information unless you request this, by specifically making your information available to employers, recruiters, faculty, university admissions bodies, competition organizers among other
- Does not sell personal contact information of students, alumni, employers, faculty or anyone else with a student or alumni personal account at the Career Center.
- Authentication: We require you to use a unique login and password to use services where appropriate, i.e. Sigi3. Neither our staff nor the staff at Sigi3 has the ability to access your password.
- Identification: Some forms, career advice, counseling services or job mailings ask for personal information such as your name and e-mail address. Such information is voluntary unless otherwise noted. NOTE: If you do not provide contact information it may be impossible for us to respond personally to your requests.
- Reports and analysis: We may seek your voluntary participation in surveys used to review and improve our services and/or provide reports to University officials. This information is used in aggregate form and does not personally identify you.
We Don't Sell Your Contact Information
While using our services, you may choose to submit personal information through email or online forms. We will use this information to process your requests. But we will not intentionally sell, share, or distribute your personal information to third parties, except as required by law or based on your consent.
The University Career Center staff cannot be held responsible and/or liable for any damages, real or imagined, past, present or future, from the information contained in career-related postings on the Career Services Facebook page or from responding to requests from those postings.
We will from time to time communicate with you by email, post, or telephone. If, at any stage, you are concerned about the content of these communications or wish to change the method of communication that we use, please contact us or unsubscribe to the email communications.
If you are unsuccessful in unsubscribing from our communications channels and/or remain concerned, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Control and care over your data
We, as an institution with one of the highest rankings in Bulgaria, are striving to improve and upgrade our control systems – to include pseudonymization of the collected and processed data, access controls, defined within the university, and most importantly – applied due care by our staff and faculty members. All measures are implemented against inadvertent or deliberate manipulation, loss, or destruction, and access by unauthorized persons.
How long we keep it?
We will keep student and alumni data until requested to be deleted, i.e. be forgotten under GDPR.
The American University in Bulgaria (AUBG) can implement mandatory COVID-19 testing as part of its measures to prevent/limit the spreading of COVID-19 on the territory of the University and with the aim to protect the life and health of its students, employees and visitors. The mandatory COVID-19 testing is based on the legitimate interest of the controller AUBG - Art. 6, p. 1, (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Please note that the actual testing is carried out in licensed laboratories by medical practitioners and AUBG does not process personal data at that stage. Once presented with information about the medical status of individuals, the processing of this data by the University is based on Art. 9, p. 2, (b) of the GDPR - processing is necessary for the purposes of carrying out the obligations and exercising specific rights of the controller or of the data subject in the field of employment and social security and social protection law in so far as it is authorised by Union or Member State law or a collective agreement pursuant to Member State law providing for appropriate safeguards for the fundamental rights and the interests of the data subject.
The AUBG has chosen tests that are most appropriate for the purposes of the testing and expenses for the tests are covered by the University. The AUBG will apply short retention periods by keeping the data related to the tests only for as long as it is necessary in order to make decisions connected with the purposes mentioned above: preventing/limiting the spreading of COVID-19 on the territory of the University and protecting the life and health of its students, employees and visitors. For your as a data subject in relation to the personal data we hold, pease refer to the last section of this privacy notice.
Collection and use by third party vendors
We do not sell data or databases to third parties for any reason.
You rights in relation to the personal data we hold
- to request access to your personal data we hold;
- to rectify or erasure your personal data; to restrict or object to processing concerning your data;
- to request data transfer to other parties;
- to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before this withdrawal;
- to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority – Commission for Personal Data Protection, address - 2 Prof. Tsvetan Lazarov Blvd., Sofia 1592.
You may address your concerns or inquiries to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) – Gugushev and Partners Law Office, Yoanna Ivanova, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Address: 11A Aksakov Street, floor 5, Sofia 1000, Bulgaria, Telephone: +359 2 815 75 10.
Please visit AUBG Internal Rules for Data Protection for more information.