Privacy Notice for AUBG Donors
Privacy Notice for AUBG Donors
This privacy notice outlines how and why the American University in Bulgaria (AUBG) collects, uses and stores your personal data, and your rights in relation to the personal data we hold. We may modify or amend this Privacy Notice. The most current version will always be available on our Website and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. If you have any questions about such matters you can contact us at email@example.com.
What personal data do we collect?
The personal information we collect from you is the following:
- your title, name (including maiden name), gender, date of birth;
- contact data including your home and business address, citizenship, email address and phone number;
- your business details including industry, position, organization;
- events you have attended;
- record of your meetings with AUBG representative(s);
- record of your financial donations;
- communication data including your preferences in receiving a certain type of communication from us.
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect information about you when you:
- attend or register for an AUBG fundraising event;
- make a donation to AUBG via an online payment
(www.aubg.edu/give-to-aubg), bank transfer, check or cash at the AUBG Business Office;
- sign a donation/ sponsorship contract.
From Third Party Sources:
- third party sources such as media articles, company and, charity filings or social network accounts (i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter – depending on your privacy settings) or other public sources for example the world wide web.
Note: When we obtain personal data from third party sources, we will look to ensure that the third party has lawful authority to provide us with your personal data.
The basis for processing your information and how we use it
Receiving and processing your personal data, as detailed above is based on your consent and is exclusively used to provide the most appropriate opportunities to each friend of AUBG to support the work of the University, including determining your likely areas of interest.
AUBG will occasionally contact you by email, social media post and telephone to pursue the purpose mentioned above. The following type of communication will be sent to you:
- AUBG community updates;
- AUBG event invitations in Bulgaria and Abroad;
- AUBG Campaigns & Initiatives;
- Solicitation letters;
- Greeting cards.
We may further process your personal data for the following reasons:
- to process a gift you have given;
- register for event;
- to process and organize any volunteering activity you have agreed to undertake;
- to deal with any concerns or feedback you may have;
- to support our fundraising efforts;
- to promote our campaigns and initiatives happening on and off campus.
We may also process your personal data in relation to compliance with our legal obligations. In this respect, we may use your personal data for the following:
- financial audits;
- compliance with our regulatory and legal obligations;
- compliance with anti-money laundering laws and safeguarding requirements;
- prevention and detection of crime;
- criminal investigations - assist with investigations (including criminal investigations) carried out by the police and other competent authorities.
We may also process your personal data where:
- we have your specific or, where necessary, explicit consent to do so.
Control and care over your data
We, as an institution with one of the highest rankings in Bulgaria, are striving to improve and upgrade our control systems – to include pseudonymisation of the collected and processed data, access controls, defined within the university, and most importantly – applied due care by our staff and faculty members. All measures are implemented against inadvertent or deliberate manipulation, loss, or destruction, and access by unauthorized persons
Who we share your data with
Your data is held within the University and access to it is strictly controlled.
In cases when we are asked to facilitate the communications between individual donors, the aforementioned will be notified via email and asked for their written consent to do so. Unless permission is given, we will not release any personal contact details.
We may share your data with trusted third parties, including:
- Software providers whose technology allows us to fulfil our work (for example, Mailchimp, Blackbaud, Basno, Qgiv).
How long we keep it
We consider our relationship with donors as ongoing and as such will maintain a record until you tell us you no longer wish to keep in touch or we have a requirement to delete information.
Collection and use by third-party vendors
We do not sell data or data-bases to third parties for any reasons.
You rights in relation to the personal data we hold:
- to request an access;
- to your personal data we hold;
- to rectify or erasure your personal data;
- to restrict or object to processing concerning your data;
- to request data transfer to other parties;
- to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before this withdrawal;
- to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority – Commission for Personal Data Protection, address - 2 Prof. Tsvetan Lazarov Blvd., Sofia 1592.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may address your concerns or inquiries to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) – Margarita Petkova, e-mail: email@example.com; tel. +359 73 888 337.
Please visit AUBG Internal Rules for Data Protection for more information