You may think that an AUBG education is out of your reach, but this is not the case! This year, about a quarter of our newly-admitted students received full scholarships, and 74% received some kind of financial support. We offer plenty of options to finance education. Don't miss on them.
Find the discipline that best suits your interests and talents. During your 4-year academic journey top faculty from 5 continents will mentor you to discover your talents, your passions, and your future.
If you want to explore the world, AUBG is a perfect choice. All our students are encouraged to take part in exchange programs in both Europe and the United States, and can choose from over 300 US universities and more than 50 European Universities all over Europe. Learn more.
Become a part of a wide network of graduates, 99.8% of whom are employed or in grad school. 65% of our alumni get 2+ job offers at graduation, 20% earn more than $100,000/year.
Suggest a new title
1. Billington, M. (2015). The 101 greatest plays : from antiquity to the present. London : Guardian Books/Faber & Faber. PN2020 .B55 2015
2. Botto, L. (2002). At this theatre : 100 years of Broadway shows, stories and stars (R. Viagas, Ed.). New York : APPLAUSE theatre & cinema books. PN2277.N5 B44 2002
3. Brockett, O. C., & Ball, R. J. (2000). The essential theatre (7th ed.). Fort Worth : Harcourt Brace College Pub. PN2101 .B72 2000
4. Butler, J. H. (1972). The theatre and drama of Greece and Rome. San Francisco : Chandler Pub. Co. PA3201 .B8 1972
5. Carlson, M. (2014). Theatre: a very short introduction. Oxford : Oxford University Press. PN2101 .C37 2014
6. Corrigan, R. W. (1992). The world of the theatre (2nd ed.). Dubuque, IA : Wm. C. Brown. PN1655.C63 1992
7. Faroqhi, S., & Öztürkmen, A. (Eds.). (2014). Celebration, entertainment and theatre in the Ottoman world. London ; New York : Seagull Books. GT4873.5.A2 C45 2014
8. Macgowan, K., & Melnitz, W. (1955). The living stage: a history of the world theatre (G. B. With, Illus.). Englewood Cliffs, N.J. : Prentice-Hall, Inc. PN2101 .M3 1955
9. Meyer-Dinkgrafe, D. (Ed.). (2000). Who's who in contemporary world theatre. London ; New York : Routledge. PN2035 .W485 2000
10. Wiles, D., & Dymkowski, C. (Eds.). (2013). The Cambridge companion to theatre history. Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press. PN2101 .C36 2013
When off campus, please enter your credentials to access e-books and articles.
1. Andreach, R. J. (2014). Tragedy in the contemporary american theatre. ProQuest Ebook
2. Brauneck, M., & ITI Germany (Eds.). (2017). Independent Theatre in Contemporary Europe: Structures – Aesthetics – Cultural Policy. Bielefeld: Transcript Verlag.
3. Gould, M. (2011). Nineteenth-century theatre and the imperial encounter. ProQuest Ebook Central
4. Justice-Malloy, R. (Ed.). (2010). Theatre history studies 2010, vol. 30. ProQuest Ebook Central
5. Mladen Ovadija. (2013). Dramaturgy of Sound in the Avant-garde and Postdramatic Theatre. McGill-Queen’s University Press.
6. Osborne, E. A., & Woodworth, C. (Eds.). (2015). Working in the wings : New perspectives on theatre history and labor. ProQuest Ebook Central
7. Saxon, T. (2011). American theatre: History, context, form. ProQuest Ebook Central
8. Storm, W. (2011). Irony and the modern theatre. ProQuest Ebook Central
9. Turk, E. B. (2011). French theatre today: The view from new york, paris, and avignon. ProQuest Ebook Central
10. Zarrilli, P. B., McConachie, B., Williams, G. J., & Fisher, S. C. (2010). Theatre histories: An introduction. ProQuest Ebook Central
1. Cole, P. (2019). Site-Based Theatre: The Beginning. Theatre History Studies, 38, 91.
2. MISTRÍK, M. (2017). Video and Theatre or a Hybrid Scene: The Case of Theatrical Mise en Scène Fanny and Alexander. Communication Today, 8(2), 134–144
3. Sikes, A. (2015). Theatre history, theatrical mimesis, and the myth of the Abydos Passion Play. Theatre History Studies, 34, 3.
4. Tillis, S. (2016). The long view of world theatre history. Theatre History Studies, 35, 95.
5. Vinay Kumar, C. M., Romesh Chaturvedi, & Shruti Merhotra. (2013). Art of Theatre on New Media Platform & Audience Viewing Experience. Global Media Journal: Indian Edition, 4(2), 1–20.