How to Apply - Visiting
Would you like to visit AUBG for a semester or two and return to your home university? AUBG welcomes exchange students and appreciates their contribution to the diversity on campus.
Online Application Form
Please follow the link to complete your Online Application.
Transfer applicants should ordinarily have a CGPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) in their previous university-level courses. Students with less than a 3.0 may apply and will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Applying students must present an official transcript issued from the University they are currently enrolled in.
Copies must be signed, sealed, translated by a sworn translator, notarized and mailed.
If you are not a native speaker of English, you will need to present English Proficiency Certificate(min. B2 level).
English Proficiency requirement may be waived for:
1. Applicants who are citizens of the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and Canada and were primarily educated from English language educational systems in those countries.
2. Applicants who have completed three years of full-time study at an English language accredited high school worldwide and have received (or will receive) the English language accredited high school diploma.
3. Applicants who have received an English language accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
Any request for a waiver of the English language proficiency requirement must be submitted to the Admissions Office with any supporting documentation and will be taken into consideration after review by the Admissions Office on a case by case basis.
American University in Bulgaria reserves the right to require evidence of English language proficiency for all applicants, the adequacy of which shall be at the sole discretion of American University in Bulgaria reserves.
Transfer of Credit from the Home Institution
AUBG accepts transfer credit for work completed at other universities according to the following criteria:
1. Credit for courses with a C+ or better;
2. Credit accepted only for academic course work similar to what AUBG offers;
3. Maximum of 60 hours of credit from accredited institutions or institutions recognized by the Ministry of Education.
Transcripts must be signed, sealed, translated by a sworn translator and mailed
Completed applications should be received by the AUBG Admissions Office:
March 1 - Early admission, better scholarships and financial aid
June 1 - Regular admission and financial aid
Contact us, if you have any questions concerning your application.
The American University in Bulgaria follows a rolling admission notification plan and the Admissions Committee notifies students in a timely fashion. Since the Admissions Committee’s decision is considered confidential, an official letter is sent to the student at the mailing address stated in the application form, within four weeks after all required documents are received at the AUBG Admissions Office.