Doctor of Philosophy Marquette University, Dissertation Title: The Status of Irrationality: Karl Jaspers' Response to Davidson and Searle
Master of Arts Memorial University, Philosophy, Thesis Title: Equivocal Transcendence: Situating Heidegger’s Ontology within a Medieval Schema
Bachelor of Arts St. Thomas University, Double Honours in History and Philosophy Thesis Title: Interrupting the Secret: Jacques Derrida’s Deconstruction of Pseudo-Dionysius the Areopagite’s Negative Theology
- “Milbank and Heidegger on the Possibility of a Secular Analogy of Being,” International Philosophical Quarterly 59, no. 2 (2019): 155-173.
- “Ambiguity and Nihilism: Comments on Nassir Ghaemi’s On Depression” Existenz 11.2 (2016): 13-17.
- “Meaning and Diagnosis: Are Mental Illnesses Genuinely Mental?” Existenz 10.2 (2015): 47-52.
- Gert-Jan van der Heiden, Ontology after Ontotheology: Plurality, Event, and Contingency in Contemporary Philosophy. Pittsburgh: Duquesne University Press, 2014. Reviewed for the Canadian Society for Continental Philosophy, 14 January 2016: http://www.c-scp.org/en/2016/01/14/gert-jan-van-de... (2030 words)
- Mary-Jane Rubenstein, Worlds Without End: The Many Lives of the Multiverse. New York: Columbia University Press, 2015. Reviewed in Analecta Hermeneutica 7 (2015): https://journals.library.mun.ca/ojs/index.php/anal...
- George Pattison, Heidegger on Death: A Critical Theological Essay. Berlington: Ashgate, 2013. Reviewed in Analecta Hermeneutica 5 (2013): http://journals.library.mun.ca/ojs/index.php/anale...
- Scott Campbell, The Early Heidegger’s Philosophy of Life: Facticity, Being, and Language. New York: Fordham University Press, 2012. Reviewed in Analecta Hermeneutica 5 (2013): http://journals.library.mun.ca/ojs/index.php/anale...
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
Contemporary European Philosophy, especially Phenomenology and Existentialism
AREAS OF COMPETENCE
History of Philosophy (especially Medieval), Philosophy of Psychiatry, Ethics (especially Business Ethics)