Faculty Computing FAQ
This page contains answers to common questions regarding faculty computing, handled by our support staff, along with some tips and tricks that we have found useful and are presented here as questions and answers.
How can I print to the faculty laser printer via the network?
Each professor can print on four printers via the network. Two network printers are situated in the Faculty office in the Main building and two are installed in the Faculty office in the Balkanski Academic Center.
If you have not installed some of the printers, you can install them using the following very simple way:
1. Log in with your account name and password on AUBGIN domain
2. From START menu select RUN and type there:\\dcfs1.aubgin.local
3. Select the printer which you want to install and use. After double clicking it, a dialog box with instructions will appear that you need to follow carefully.
3.1 If you want to print on the network printers in the Main Building you need to select and install::
- HP9050_Black_MB_Win7 – black/white print
- HP4650_Color_MB_Win7 – color print
3.2. If you want to print on the network printers in the Balkanski Academic Center you need to select and install:
- HP9040_Black_BAC_Win7 – black/white print
- HP3505_Color_BAC – color print
Be sure that you have chosen the right model of printer. Please, also check that the default printing format is A4.
Be careful which is your default printer. Be sure you set most often used printer as a default printer.
To specify your default printer: From Start menu select Printers and Faxes. Right-click the printer you want to use as the default printer and then click Set as Default printer. A check mark appears next to the printer icon in Printers and Faxes.
Who is the person to call if I have any problems with my computer?
There is a help desk in the Office of Communications and Computing. You can reach them at:
- Main Building - Room 118, ext. 300
- Skaptopara campus - BAC Room 328, ext. 500
Both locations are open from 8:00 until 19:00 Monday through Fridays during the academic year, and shorter hours during breaks. If there is no answer – please leave a message for further contact. You can also register your problem by e-mail at IThelp@aubg.bg, which will be followed by a reply informing you about the case number relevant to your request.
How can a new software product be installed?
In general you can not install any kind of software on your computer. Therefore, faculty members may also request installation of software from the list of available software for academic use (See Faculty Packages of Services ).
OCC does not recommend installation of demo, trial, shareware or free software. Requests for installation of such software packs require written approval from the Dean of Faculty. In that case OCC provides limited support and takes no responsibility for possible computer system malfunction or data loss.
How to apply for Internet Connection for faculty personal computer?
Dear faculty members, to connect your personal computers to the AUBG network, please follow these steps:
- How to connect a device to AUBG Wi-Fi and LAN network (here)
- How to obtain the MAC address of Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection. (Vista |Windows 7 | Mac OS )
- Configure TCP/IP protocol to obtain dynamic IP address from the DHCP server. (Vista | Windows 7 )
- Configure your network settings. (Vista , Windows 7 , Mac OS )
For faculty and staff members in Elieff Center - Sofia please follow the instructions here.
How to move your files to other computer?
See instructions here