AUBG alumnus Daniel Penev ('16) will present his first book, "The People Changing Bulgaria. Inspiration in 30 Stories." The book tells the stories of inspiring Bulgarians from the world of business, education, culture, media, sports and the non-governmental sector. These people prove that kindness, perseverance and generosity do better work than whining and looking for excuses. Some of the stories feature:
• The founders of one of the most successful Bulgarian IT companies, AUBG alumni Vassil Terziev ('01), Svetozar Georgiev ('00), Boyko Iaramov ('00) and Hristo Kosev.
• Viber's Business Development Manager for Central and Eastern Europe and the Middle East;
• The creator of the most famous Bulgarian site for video tutorials and tests for students;
• The creator of the largest media for positive news in Bulgaria;
• The most successful Bulgarian circus artist and equilibrist;
• The ultramarathon runner who runs in support of various causes;
• One of Bulgaria's favorite vloggers.
About the author
Daniel Penev is a freelance journalist. He holds a Bachelor's degree in Journalism and Political Science and International Relations from the American University in Bulgaria and a Master's degree in International Relations from Central European University. He has done internships at Dnevnik.bg, bTV and Reduta.bg, as well as in the European Parliament in Brussels. His texts have been published in online and print media in Bulgaria, as well as in English-language sites such as EurActiv.com, The Millions and Wake Up World. In the last few years, he has participated in exchange programs and training courses in the UK, Germany, Belgium, Iceland, France, Czech Republic, Poland and Turkey.