Erasmus+ Program Overview
The Erasmus+ program is part of
the 2020 Europe strategy and supports activities in education, training, youth and sport across all sectors of lifelong learning including Higher Education, Further Education, adult education, schools, sport and youth activities. It gives opportunities to students, trainees, staff, teachers, volunteers, youth workers and young people to spend a period abroad to increase their personal and professional skills, qualifications, capabilities and employability.
In the field of Higher Education Erasmus+ provides unique opportunities:
- for students:
- to study at another European institution for a semester or full year;
- to do a traineeship abroad(between 2-12 months);
- to take part in Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree(EMJMDs provides EU-funded scholarships to the best applicants);
- to apply for Erasmus+ Master Degree Loans(at the moment the scheme is available for outgoing students from Spain, France, UK and Turkey and students from other Program countries who are going to Spain or UK for a Master course. There will be more available destinations soon.);
- additional funding for participants with physical, mental or health-related conditions via the Erasmus+ special needs support.
- for staff:
- Teaching: supports teaching periods at higher education institutions abroad.
- Training: supports training periods abroad for staff working in higher education institutions.
The academic, social, personal and cultural benefits of participating in this program are enormous.
For further info regarding Erasmus+ please visit: http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/index_en.htm