During the Fall and Spring semester, October to January and February to
May, the English Language Institute offers twice-a-week non-intensive IELTS (International English Language Testing System) preparation course. The course consists of 80 academic hours and is offered either in the morning (for senior students attending school in the afternoon) or in the afternoon (for senior students attending school in the morning).
During the Summer semester the same course is offered intensively for four weeks in July.
Tuition: EUR 439; discounted tuition for Bulgarian applicants: BGN 439.
To register please call +35973-888/555/557/552 or write an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Detailed descriptions of the IELTS preparation course follows below.
The course is designed for students with an excellent command of English, primarily from English language and math schools or students who have successfully completed ELI University Preparatory Program Step 2, planning to use IELTS as an admission test to universities where it is required.
The main goal of the course is to build-up practical skills for success in the IELTS test by enhancing students’ vocabulary and familiarizing them with useful test taking strategies. Most of all, students have the opportunity to complete a large number of sample tests in a real test-taking environment.
- It acquaints students with the format of the test.
- It significantly improves students’ listening comprehension skills by having them complete a number of IELTS listening and speaking components.
- It allows students to gain accuracy in structure and written expression and speed in choosing the standard structure or recognizing the error.
- It teaches students effective strategies for reading and understanding academic and literary texts.
- It gives students the opportunity to write 7-10 short essays and reports on a number of exam topics.
- It helps students become familiar with the IELTS and confident in achieving the desired score.
Upon completion of the course students approach IELTS with more confidence. They will have accumulated considerable knowledge that helps them improve their score. Students will be also pointed out effective ways to continue self-preparing in order to boost their results