American University in Bulgaria
is looking to appoint
Based in Blagoevgrad
POSITION DURATION: Temporary (February – May 30) full time position
FUNCTION: Assist the University Events Coordinator in the coordination of the annual commencement ceremony and other relevant commencement activities; as well as in the organization of visits, special events, and lectures coming under the Distinguished Lecturers Series and Lecturers Series.
University Events and Lectures
1. Assists in the planning and organization of special events and lectures coming under the Distinguished Lecturers Series, Lecturers Series, Alumni Series, other events, and special visits.
2. Interacts with the local community to organize various special events available to the public: exhibitions, concerts, book presentations, poetry readings, lectures, visits.
3. Assists in data-analysis and expense-planning required for updating special events and distinguished lecturers series Guidelines and Request Forms in order to best serve University’s mission, policies and procedures.
4. Assists in developing interactive and effective means for internally advertising the activities coming under University Events that promotes the image of the institution among the University and local community.
5. Logistically and technically secures the lectures coming under the Distinguished Lecturers Series and Lecturers Series contributing to overall academic and scientific elevation and diversity in the University.
6. Assists in maintaining a list of upcoming events, lectures, and special visits, and regularly provides information to the student media and PR coordinator contributing to event advertisement and maximum attendance.
7. Assists in the preparation and organization of all commencement functions, commencement weekend events, and commencement ceremony in a manner to best promote the public image of the institution.
8. Assists in gathering, processing and analyzing information necessary for the maintenance of commencement guest lists, mailing, seating, and other procedures for the wide variety of groups among external and internal invitees.
9. Assists in the detailed preparation and provides logistical support for graduating seniors’ participation in commencement (timing, training and other procedures)
10. Assist with the procedures for production and distribution of the academic regalia inventory for board, faculty, and special guests.
11. Assists in the coordination of different AUBG departments’ involvement in the organization of commencement, commencement weekend events, lectures, special visits and other events providing good synchronization, communication and timing.
12. Assists with the hiring and training of work-study assistants and their participation in Commencement’s organization, providing for more profound involvement of the student body in the ceremony.
13. Assists in the coordination of outside vendors’ responsibilities and services for commencement, commencement weekend events, lectures, special visits and events.
14. Assists in the coordination of post-event activities: information analysis and processing for effective planning of further special and Commencement-related events (debriefing and gathering of recommendations), thank you letters, vendors’ payments and detailed feedback, regalia dry-cleaning.
15. Assists in the maintenance of files and archives (video, audio, photo, electronic, hard-copy) of University Events office’s activities and provides reports for them when necessary thus facilitating the smooth post-event data analysis procedure.
Student Ambassadors and Student Interpreters Clubs
16. Assists in developing and executing the training program and a system of tools and motivational techniques for the members of the Student Ambassadors and Student Interpreters Clubs to participate in numerous AUBG events and serve as face of the University.
17. Assists in coordinating the requests and provided services of members of the Student Ambassadors and Student Interpreters Clubs to both internal and external parties.
18. Assists in coordinating the regular meetings and archives materials and feedback related to Student Ambassadors and Student Interpreters Clubs activities.
19. Assists in maintaining flawless and efficient functioning of the University Events Office. Assists in the purchase of office supplies, the maintenance of the office equipment, and the processing of University Events, Commencement, and Distinguished Lecturers and Lecturers Series payments.
EDUCATION REQUIRED/PREFERRED: University Degree.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION REQUIRED/PREFERRED: Excellent command of Bulgarian and English both written and spoken; computer literacy.
EXPERIENCE NECESSARY: Some experience in university or educational environments.
PERSONAL QUALITIES, CAPABILITIES AND SKILLS: Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to plan and organize multiple tasks; and to work collaborating with a variety of constituencies in a team environment; communicative, precise, energetic and efficient, capable of working under pressure.
If you are interested, please apply by sending your CV, Cover Letter, and a copy of your diploma to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following address:
American University in Bulgaria
1 Georgi Izmirliev Sq;
tel.: (+359 73) 888 328
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until position is filled. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
All documents will be treated with strict confidentiality in accordance with the Data Protection Law.
AUBG will keep and use the documents for the present recruitment needs only.