The American University in Bulgaria, a leading higher education institution in the country, is looking to hire an energetic, motivated, and task-driven individual as a Project Manager, who will lead an innovative project that aims to engage in dialogue with the civil society, the public and private sectors.
AUBG is partnering with BESCO, the Bulgarian Entrepreneurial Association, to deliver a 12-month capacity-building program on advocacy.
The Project Manager position is initially for 12 months, with the possibility of an extension.
- Lead the project management on a day-to-day basis;
- Keep oversight of budget spending;
- Lead on the monitoring and evaluation of project activities;
- Work closely with the Project Director;
- Deliver comprehensive research and compile recommendations for curriculum creation;
- Work with an Academic Advisor in creating an advocacy curriculum;
- Lead on participants’ search;
- Create a sustainability plan and proactively seek continuous funding.
REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree required;
- Strong English, both written and oral, is required;
- Communication skills both written and verbal, are required;
- Ability to balance responsibilities and work on tight deadlines, required;
- Experience in research is desired;
- Experience in project management is required;
- Experience in event management is desired.
- An opportunity to work in a multinational and friendly environment at a leading educational organization
- Freedom to bring in your individual strengths and skills
- On-the-job training as well as support in obtaining a professional qualification
If you are interested in the Project Manager position and would like to work, learn and develop in one of the top academic institutions in the region, please submit a resume, a cover letter, and a reference page at: [email protected]
The information you have provided will be used to process your application for employment. It will not be passed to third parties or used for other purposes. If you are successful, we will keep your application details. If you are not the chosen candidate, we will destroy your data within 6 months after this vacancy closes. Security procedures are in place to protect your data in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your details may be stored electronically in a password-protected system and/or as paper copies in secure storage.