The American University in Bulgaria is the premier higher education institution in Bulgaria. We are looking to hire Payroll/HR Specialist This is a full-time position. The position is based in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria.
- Serves as a liaison with the external payroll providers;
- Collects and enters data in order to maintain and update payroll information;
- Facilitates payroll operations by following policies and procedures;
- Develops ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed;
- Resolves payroll discrepancies;
- Prepares, provides, manages and monitors the inflow and outflow of civil and labor contracts, as well as their payments
- Supports the internal organization of the HR Office;
- Responsible for the personnel data record-keeping;
- Facilitates the organization of trainings, HR-related events and activities;
- Participates in the process of implementation of adequate measures and procedures for management, processing, storage and retaining of personal data.
REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree;
- Payroll processing experience and excellent knowledge of the Bulgarian labor law;
- Advanced computer skills;
- Written and verbal English and Bulgarian;
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to work independently and in a team; ability to balance multiple responsibilities and work on tight deadlines.
- Office experience; experience in working in a cultural diversity environment is recommended.
- An opportunity to work in a multinational and friendly environment at a leading educational organization;
- Freedom to bring in your individual strengths and skills;
- On-the-job training as well as support in obtaining a professional qualification;
- Access to all employee benefits.
If you are interested in the position, please submit inquiries and application documents (letter of interest, resume, and list of at least five professional references with contact information) to [email protected]. References will not be contacted without the permission of the candidate.
The information you have provided will be used to process your application for employment. It will not be passed to third parties or used for other purposes. If you are successful, we will keep your application details. If you are not the chosen candidate, we will destroy your data 30 days after this vacancy closes. Security procedures are in place for protecting your data in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your details may be stored electronically in a password-protected system and/or as paper copies in secure storage.