The American University in Bulgaria is looking to hire a part-time Native-Speaking English Language Instructor to be teaching General English language courses in the Younger Learners (8-13) and/or the Adult (14+) Community Program of the English Language Institute at the American University in Bulgaria in Blagoevgrad
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- teaches in person and if necessary online intensive and non-intensive general-English courses in the Community Program;
- collaborates with the Bulgarian English language instructors co-teaching these levels;
- uses the established class textbook and prepares supplementary class materials;
- keeps track of attendance and the overall academic progress and achievement of students;
- grades assignments and exams;
- provides weekly reports to the ELI Director and Staff on student attendance and academic progress.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- native only command of English; min. BA degree;
- TEFL Qualification is preferred;
- previous (EFL) teaching experience is strongly desired;
- excellent communication, time-management and interpersonal skills;
HOW TO APPLY
If you are a native speaker of English with a passion for teaching who would like to work, learn and develop in the best academic institution in Bulgaria and the region, please send a resume, a cover letter to Nikolina Radeva at [email protected]. Acceptance of applications is ongoing; review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The English Language Institute at AUBG provides high-quality English-language instruction to prospective students and to all others interested in learning English as a foreign language. Established in 1992 as an auxiliary unit to the University, the ELI offers academic and general English courses, TOEFL, IELTS preparation, English for Specific Purposes (ESP), and a variety of community-oriented, tailor-made services. For more information, visit: https://www.aubg.edu/academics/english-language-institute/
The American University in Bulgaria (AUBG) is fast-paced, modern and exciting. If you are looking for a motivating, intense, and rewarding employment opportunity amidst the brightest young people in the region, this is the place for you!
The information you have provided will be used to process your application for employment. It will not be passed to third parties or used for other purposes. If you are successful, we will keep your application details. If you are not the chosen candidate, we will destroy your data 30 days after this vacancy closes. Security procedures are in place for protecting your data in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your details may be stored electronically in a password-protected system and/or as paper copies in secure storage.