The American University in Bulgaria (AUBG), the premier higher education institution in Bulgaria, is looking to recruit a Director of Admissions. We look for а committed and result-oriented candidate to lead the institution’s Admissions team.
The Director of Admissions provides leadership in the development and implementation of admissions, recruiting and marketing strategies to attract and enroll talented and diverse undergraduate student body. The Director organizes, plans and directs the undergraduate admissions and recruitment processes of AUBG, and collaborates with the graduate admissions staff as needed. The Director of Admissions participates in the development of university wide policies and is responsible for the design and implementation of management policies in areas of assigned responsibility. The Director also develops, administers, and controls all unit programs, the budget, work operations, and personnel matters for the Office of Admissions.
MANAGEMENT CONNECTIONS AND RELATIONSHIPS:
Reports to President
Departments and levels with which the Director of Admissions establishes relationships: All AUBG departments
Direct reports: Associate Directors of Admissions and International Recruitment, Senior Admission Counselors, Admissions Counselors and Recruitment Coordinators Administrative Assistant, and work-study students.
Member of University Leadership Team
- Work schedule: Regular
- Work location: AUBG Blagoevgrad (flexible in terms of travel).
Strategy and Innovation
- Designs and executes the University’s recruitment and student admission plan using creative, innovative and cost-effective marketing methodologies to secure enrollment goals in line with the strategic plan of the University;
- Develops and manages all activities related to student recruitment initiatives;
- Collaborates with the Marketing team for the development and implementation of marketing plans, publications and promotional materials related to Admissions;
- Processes statistical information and forecasts and analyzes reports of historical data, and current and potential enrollment opportunities;
- Initiates and updates department policies and procedures;
- Builds strong network of country recruiters, alumni, and current students to support staff activities;
- Collaborates on recruiting plans, marketing strategies, and advertising for the EMBA, English Language Institute, and other university programs, as appropriate to support overall image of AUBG;
- Builds and manages strong relationships with key external educational stakeholders.
- Supervises professional and support staff;
- Develops the budget in support of strategic goals, manages resources, and prepares budget reports;
- Participates in campus and community committees/events that serve the mission of the University;
- Fosters positive relationships with external and internal constituencies, and implements annual and long-range planning;
- Administers the databases used to manage and track new students;
- Chairs the Admissions Committee;
- Recruits, develops, and evaluates Admissions Office employees;
- Participates in the educational forms for professional qualification maintenance and enhancement or for professional skills improvement, organized or financed by the employer;
- Abides by workplace safety and health regulations.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Relevant university degree;
- Admissions experience in an educational setting, with progressively increased responsibility in marketing and recruitment or equivalent experience are highly desired. Team management experience is required;
- Expertise in enrollment theory and practices and current uses of technology to support and enhance enrollment management;
- Knowledge of the latest student and institutional marketing strategies;
- Work history in an academic or multicultural environment;
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, in both Bulgarian and English;
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with high school and university faculty, administrators, and students is integral to the position as are well-developed skills in team building, leadership, and analytical and creative thinking;
- Outstanding presentation skills for large and small groups are essential;
- Business acumen, strategic agility and result orientation;
- Commitment to the mission of the institution;
- Impeccable integrity, transparency and collegiality;
- Capable of working independently and facing unexpected situations and new challenges, strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- A doer and a self-starter;
- High level of energy, drive and enthusiasm.
- Position in a leading educational institution, accredited both in US and Europe;
- An interesting, challenging job in a highly motivated and talented team;
- Work in a multinational, dynamic and friendly еnvironmеnt;
- Excellent remuneration package and work conditions;
- International exposure;
- Freedom to fully bring in your individual strengths and skills.
If you are interested in the position, please submit inquiries and application documents (a CV, a cover letter and a reference page) to [email protected]
The information you have provided will be used to process your application for employment. It will not be passed to third parties or used for other purposes. If you are successful, we will keep your application details. If you are not the chosen candidate, we will destroy your data 30 days after this vacancy closes. Security procedures are in place for protecting your data in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your details may be stored electronically in a password-protected system and/or as paper copies in secure storage.