The American University in Bulgaria, a leading higher education institution in the country, is looking to hire an Admissions Counselor and Recruitment Coordinator. The Admissions Counselor and Recruitment Coordinator will carry out recruitment activities on campus and abroad, counsels prospective students and families, and participates in all the stages of the admissions process.
This is a full-time position. Based in Sofia
- Travels extensively to present and promote AUBG to prospective students, parents, and partners;
- Assists with the development and implementation of an annual recruitment plan to support enrollment goals of AUBG;
- Prepares country visits and events participation reports;
- Maintains and develops close relationships with, prospective students, parents and partners to secure a consistent flow of degree seeking students;
- Creates and develops a formal alumni volunteer network to support recruitment efforts in key target areas;
- Tracks and reports international inquiries, applications, and results;
- Provides timely and comprehensive individual and group presentations to prospective students, school guidance counselors, and parents;
- Follows up on prospective students, and works to convert them to applicants, admits and current students;
- Counsels prospective students, parents, school and college officials, and ELI students about the admissions process;
- Organizes and stages promotional programs and events.
REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree required;
- Strong sales and presentation skills;
- Strong English and Bulgarian; Russian is a plus;
- Communication skills both written and verbal;
- Ability to build and foster lasting relationships;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Ability to balance responsibilities and work on tight deadlines;
- Advanced computer skills
- An opportunity to work in a multinational and friendly environment at a leading educational organization;
- Freedom to bring in your individual strengths and skills;
- On-the-job training as well as support in obtaining a professional qualification;
- Access to all employee benefits, a complete list of which is available here.
If you are interested in the position of Admissions Counselor/Recruitment Coordinator and would like to work, learn and develop in one of the top academic institutions in the region, please submit a CV, cover letter and a reference page at: [email protected]
The information you have provided will be used to process your application for employment. It will not be passed to third parties or used for other purposes. If you are successful, we will keep your application details. If you are not the chosen candidate, we will destroy your data within 6 months after this vacancy closes. Security procedures are in place for protecting your data in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your details may be stored electronically in a password-protected system and/or as paper copies in secure storage.