AUBG students Elena Kalinova, Jose Emilio Valverde Dominguez, Kaloyan Ivanov, Katrin Dyulgerova, and Stanislav Todorov have won the CFA Institute Research Challenge 2022. As part of the competition, they had to evaluate a company and offer a forecast for its future. This year, the students dived into the world of Allterco, a Bulgarian company that delivers innovation through designing, producing and distributing high quality IoT products in over 100 markets. The team analyzed Allterco’s business model and finances.
AUBG student Mihaela Kafedzhiyska was among the 200 talented individuals selected from across the world to participate in the prestigious FTxBocconi Talent Challenge 2022. The 22-year-old graduating senior, who majors in Business Administration and Economics and minors in French Language at AUBG, first learned about the competition from an email.
We are republishing Forbes editor Rumen Sokolov's article on the new course at AUBG. The article was originally published in Bulgarian.
Over 100 students from five marketing courses worked on strategies to promote the Regional Historical Museum in Blagoevgrad. The final project for each of the courses required students to apply the knowledge gained throughout the semester and prepare proposals on initiatives, campaigns and solutions for the modernization of the local museum and its engagement with new audiences.
How will you change the world?
Imagine pitching your business ideas to industry experts in front of a large crowd. How about launching an online platform to support e-commerce startups. Networking with renowned business leaders and policy makers at hosted Business Clubs. Starting a real company with financial backing. In AUBG’s Business Department, all of these are a reality. Our students learn from successful entrepreneurs, take part in live debate, and solve real-world problems.
Business is a powerful tool for creating change. If you choose to pursue a major in Business Administration, you will be following in the footsteps of such creative spirits as Warren Buffett, Richard Branson, Andrew Carnegie, Walt Disney, Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, J.P. Morgan, and John D. Rockefeller. People who changed the world for the better.
Business Administration is the most popular undergraduate major, with some 40% of AUBG students majoring in this subject. Students often combine business with double majors in Economics, Political Science and International Relations, Computer Science, and Information Systems.
Our 13 faculty members come armed with degrees from the world’s top business schools and between them have published over 25 books and hundreds of journal articles. They are at the forefront of research in this fast-paced area. Of course, research doesn’t just happen in faculty circles; students work alongside professors to write about real-world case studies and publish their findings regularly in prestigious journals. AUBG also hosts many speakers in a lively program of guest lectures which provides students with the chance to quiz some of industry’s finest minds and most provocative thinkers.
Did you know that:
- As part of a course on Entrepreneurship select business students have the opportunity to develop a business plan and start their own company, with financial support from Citibank and Junior Achievement Bulgaria.
- Corporate Finance students go on trips to other countries, so that they can meet the senior management of local and international corporations.
- Students and professors write about real-world case studies and publish their findings in prestigious journals.
- The Business Department and the student-run Business Club hosted their first Assessment Center Simulation in spring 2012. Assessment Centers are used by major corporations to select candidates for jobs in their organization. The simulation helps prepare students for the job market.
- The Business Club hosts renowned business executives and policy-makers who share their experience at public meetings with students on campus.
- The department organizes case competitions for students majoring in Business Administration. The most recent competition was sponsored by Kraft Foods.
- Students recently developed an online platform for their start-up e-commerce businesses. The platform is expected to meet the requirements of practical business scenarios and real-life situations.
- The Department holds regular workshops on job interviewing to prepare students for the job market and for the specially organized annual Job Fair.