_Read our interview with Professor Andrey Gurov, who is part of the Department of Business at AUBG, and learn more about his extensive professional and academic experience__ in the U.S. and Europe, why he chose finance over art history, and what brings him a sense of fulfilment as a professor at our university. _Read more
_Victoria Antonova is a Russian alumna who graduated in 2015. She double-majored in Political Science and International Relations and Business Administration and minored in European Studies. Victoria pursued her Master’s degree at Aarhus University in Denmark and is currently employed as a management consultant at Bain & Company, one of the world’s largest consulting companies. Read our interview with her to learn more about her experience with AU…Read more
_Bulgarian vlogger Ilko Hristov, whose YouTube channel [https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBw0SPrg_Kc4Y0jev5wDoUw] boasts over 60,000 subscribers, joined the AUBG community this fall. Read our interview with the first-year student to learn more about what motivates him to create videos, how he got selected to study in the U.S. for a year back in high school, why he chose to continue his education at AUBG, and what are his plans and dreams for the futur…Read more
_Hristina Tsonkova, who is a multiple time poetry reciting champion, a passionate aero yoga practitioner and a high-school theatre actor, has recently become part of the AUBG community. The first-year student plans to major in Economics and Journalism & Mass Communication and has already joined two student clubs - the Business Club and the Better Community Club. Hristina says that her participation in a number of competitions -- such as “Bulgaria…Read more
How will you change the world?
Imagine pitching your business ideas to industry experts in front of a large crowd. How about launching an online platform to support e-commerce startups. Networking with renowned business leaders and policy makers at hosted Business Clubs. Starting a real company with financial backing. In AUBG’s Business Department, all of these are a reality. Our students learn from successful entrepreneurs, take part in live debate, and solve real-world problems.
Business is a powerful tool for creating change. If you choose to pursue a major in Business Administration, you will be following in the footsteps of such creative spirits as Warren Buffett, Richard Branson, Andrew Carnegie, Walt Disney, Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, J.P. Morgan, and John D. Rockefeller. People who changed the world for the better.
Business Administration is the most popular undergraduate major, with some 40% of AUBG students majoring in this subject. Students often combine business with double majors in Economics, Political Science and International Relations, Computer Science, and Information Systems.
Our 13 faculty members come armed with degrees from the world’s top business schools and between them have published over 25 books and hundreds of journal articles. They are at the forefront of research in this fast-paced area. Of course, research doesn’t just happen in faculty circles; students work alongside professors to write about real-world case studies and publish their findings regularly in prestigious journals. AUBG also hosts many speakers in a lively program of guest lectures which provides students with the chance to quiz some of industry’s finest minds and most provocative thinkers.
Did you know that:
- As part of a course on Entrepreneurship select business students have the opportunity to develop a business plan and start their own company, with financial support from Citibank and Junior Achievement Bulgaria.
- Corporate Finance students go on trips to other countries, so that they can meet the senior management of local and international corporations.
- Students and professors write about real-world case studies and publish their findings in prestigious journals.
- The Business Department and the student-run Business Club hosted their first Assessment Center Simulation in spring 2012. Assessment Centers are used by major corporations to select candidates for jobs in their organization. The simulation helps prepare students for the job market.
- The Business Club hosts renowned business executives and policy-makers who share their experience at public meetings with students on campus.
- The department organizes case competitions for students majoring in Business Administration. The most recent competition was sponsored by Kraft Foods.
- Students recently developed an online platform for their start-up e-commerce businesses. The platform is expected to meet the requirements of practical business scenarios and real-life situations.
- The Department holds regular workshops on job interviewing to prepare students for the job market and for the specially organized annual Job Fair.