Summer & Breaks
Information for all Breaks:
Residence Life and Housing reserves the right to reassign students if necessary during the breaks to maximize energy conservation.Before students leave their room for all breaks they should:
- Unplug all electrical appliances.
- Clean refrigerators.
- Turn off all lights.
- Close and lock all windows and doors.
- Remove all food from rooms except unopened boxes and cans.
- Dispose of all trash from the rooms.
- Clean your room.
Residence hall and fire safety officials will enter your rooms during the breaks to conduct the health and safety inspections.
At the end of the semester if you are moving from your current room or graduating you should:
- Sign up for a check out time with your RA/Residence Hall Director.
- Return all keys.
- Go through room inspection/check out with your RA/Residence Hall Director before leaving.
During the winter break all residence halls will be closed. Students may leave their belongings in their room if they are returning in the spring semester, otherwise all items must be removed before leaving in December. All students must vacate their residence hall within 24 hours of their last final in December.
Summer Residence Hall Closing will be from Commencement until Fall Orientation with Returning Students arriving after Orientation. There is minimal storage of belongings during this time, but all items must be removed from rooms as summer conference and other guests will occupy the residence halls.