Residence Halls Computer Network
Requirements for connecting students personal computers in Skaptopara
OCC connects student PC's in Skapto with operating systems Linux, Mac OS and Win2000 version and above.
OCC will provide free Windows OS licenses for all students. It is important anyway, if you purchase a new PC or laptop to be sure it is Win2000 + capable!
A Residence Hall Ethernet connection usually requires optional hardware for PC computer. Students need a 10/100/1000 Base-T or "twisted-pair" network interface card for a PC. He/she'll also need to add network software: drivers to communicate with your Ethernet card (drivers are provided with the Ethernet card), the TCP/IP network protocol, and an Internet browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Chrome) to connect to Internet services.
- OCC does not provide NICs (network adapters) and patch cables.
- First year students can not apply until they get ther account information during the orientation.
How to apply for Internet Connection in Skaptopara Residence Halls?
Dear students, to connect your personal computers to the AUBG network, please follow these steps:
- How to connect a device to AUBG Wi-Fi and LAN network (here )
- How to obtain the MAC address of Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection. (Vista |Windows 7 | Mac OS )
- Configure TCP/IP protocol to obtain dynamic IP address from the DHCP server. (Vista | Windows 7 )
- Configure your network settings. (Vista , Windows 7 , Mac OS )
For technical support in the Skaptopara Residence Hall the student can contact the Skaptopara Residence Hall Network Administrator. The office is located in the Balkanski Academic Center (room 328) from 8 am until 7 pm on business day. The problem will be resolved as soon as possible. Keep in mind that our office is not responsible for problems with your personal computers.